autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is this on the paint?

Finally guys the write up is here from the test panel.

But first I would like to thank Flatstick for sending me some free samples of some great products. Without his nice help I would have not be able to complete this test project.

Now I know some of my pictures may or may not be good I APOLOGIZE but I do not own a real good camera like you guys do. So I did some videos and took pictures the best I could with my EVO.

You should be able to see somewhat different I went tru all the evidence I am posting and I can tell, but I know I can tell better when I look at the panel myself obviously. lol

So first thing I wash the hood it was dirty!!! I rinse it real good with my electric PW 2K PSI. I didn't feel like using soap at all so I rinse it real good.

Towel dry it and then did the baggie test and was obvious clay was needed.

Clay it with blue magic clay, did the whole test spot I was working on. Wipe it down with MF and did another layer of clay.

It was smooth like baby ass so I then proceed to wet sanding.

I cut out a piece of 1500 did the whole spot and then I used my 3M block with a 2K paper and sanded evenly the whole spot again. I could still see those freaking etching on the clear coat we were all talking about here so I then hit those spots specifically only with a 1K piece. I went back to even out the whole spot with my 3M block with a 2K paper.

Buffed out the color sand without leaving any holograms behind using the LC wool foam pad I think is 5.5" or 6" with Meg diamond cut compound and would spray mist of water to break the compound to it finest without heating the paint too fast. (between 1200 and 1400 rmp)

Did an IPA wipe and buff it out one more time and IPA wipe again.

I did 2 coats of menzerna polish & LC Orange flat pad and IPA wipe between the coats.

Poorboys EX sealant with LC white flat pad one coat and left it on 24 hrs and the wipe it off with an MF and did another coat and waited an hour wipe it off.

Last but not least I applied auto glym wax with the red pad it came with and left it on 24 hrs and then wipe it off.

I will post pictures in a bit and videos

Post Thanks / Like

This picture right here most of the scratches shown here were included in the spot I tape out to work on.

Post Thanks / Like

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U2T-8TqW-A]YouTube - Dodge Red Hood Paint Corrections[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMwOj5-Up84]YouTube - Dodge Red Hood Paint Corrections[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Color sand here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTSQXtuRHNc]YouTube - Dodge Red Hood Paint correction Pt 2[/video]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456