autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MF Pad System...Devil's Advocate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    If I run into a car that I know is going to be difficult and the owner is very demanding, I wouldn't waste my time on neither Surbufs or this new system. I would just go straight for the wool and call it a day
    But this product is not intended to replace the rotary. It may produce rotary-like results, but it's not a direct replacement. So who is the intended target for this product? The average Joe? If that's the case then he now has a tool that can produce rotary-like results without the dangers of using a rotary. This product also sounds promising for a amateurs, like myself, that mostly do 2-step corrections.

General question: If we don't have access to compressed air, how many pads should we have to do an entire car?
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    This is where you and maybe ALOT of others differ from my workflow. I grab the sandpaper(3000 Trizact usually) and quickly level the finish of all possible defects. I then use my DA/M105 for the win. . You can wool til the cows fly but you're not duplicating a sanded finish.

Case in point (prior to DA MF system mind you):

Rotary =
    And that's how it's done...
    Signature Car Care... Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    http://www.signaturecarcare.com/
    "May the shine be with you" Uncle Stu

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post
    But this product is not intended to replace the rotary. It may produce rotary-like results, but it's not a direct replacement. So who is the intended target for this product? The average Joe? If that's the case then he now has a tool that can produce rotary-like results without the dangers of using a rotary. This product also sounds promising for a amateurs, like myself, that mostly do 2-step corrections.

General question: If we don't have access to compressed air, how many pads should we have to do an entire car?
    I would just use the pad brush and keep an eye on the polishing results. If you start to see the finish degrading because the pads are becoming to dirty then I'd switch to a new pad. The condition of the paint and size of vehicle would be a factor too.

2-4 would be a good general answer though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your concerns, but if these pads rank somewhere between foam and Surbufs, then IMO they have no place in my arsenal

Furthermore, I keep hearing ppl state these pads provide a Ratary type finish, but yet, the same posters will later state they are not intended to replace the Ratory. What is it that I'm missing here. Sounds like a bunch of double talk to me
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand your concerns, but if these pads rank somewhere between foam and Surbufs, then IMO they have no place in my arsenal

Furthermore, I keep hearing ppl state these pads provide a Ratary type finish, but yet, the same posters will later state they are not intended to replace the Ratory. What is it that I'm missing here. Sounds like a bunch of double talk to me
    Regarding the double talk, I dont get that either.

Which is it and it cannot be both????

Post Thanks / Like

Good question that I'm not quite sure about? I many times blow out my pad multiple times throughout the buffing cycle (pass), so for me I couldn't live without air. With foam I usually swapped pads every other average sized panel seeing that they tend to load up on product quickly and don't clean as well. With the MF pads, their cleaning characteristics are totally different (better) and I'd take an educated guess that you could stretch that out double by using just a brush if not more.

If you have a leaf blower you can brush and blow at the same time and somewhat duplicate the effect.

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=David Fermani;422992]This is where you and maybe ALOT of others differ from my workflow. I grab the sandpaper(3000 Trizact usually) and quickly level the finish of all possible defects. I then use my DA/M105 for the win. . You can wool til the cows fly but you're not duplicating a sanded finish.

Case in point (prior to DA MF system mind you):

================================================== ========

Can you remove deep scratches, orange peel or trash in the clear using 3000 grit?

Are you saying that a Ratory can't remove sanding marks? I'm really confused as to exactly what your point is David

I would love to view your work in person sometime. Pictures really don't impress me
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Really Flash? Really?

Just because it can achieve rotary like results doesn't mean it's always the best tool for the job.
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?

Post Thanks / Like

Can you remove deep scratches, orange peel or trash in the clear using 3000 grit?
    Scratches and trash in the clear=Easily. Orange peel=Sure, with just a little more effort. But seeing that you are able to perform difficult corrections for demanding customers then you already know this. Right?

Are you saying that a Ratory can't remove sanding marks? I'm really confused as to exactly what your point is David
    I never said that nor will I ever elude to that. My point is there's more than 1 way to correct a finish. You don't need to do it with a rotary/wool like you stated.

I would love to view your work in person sometime. Pictures really don't impress me
    Come a day early to DF and I'll see if I can line up a car for us to do together. Heck, you might even impress me....

Metro Detroit's Leader in Vehicle Preservation & Perfect Paint Finishes

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully AG will have the new MF system available for Detail Fest goers to try out and see for themselves!

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast