autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3" sanding disks

Meguiars introduced a new Professional Headlight and Spot Repair kit for 2010 (Big Bucks!) that includes 3" Unigrit sanding discs and supposedly all of the materials that are included in the kit will be available for sale separately (excluding the air powered mini tools). So maybe Autogeek will start stocking the Meguiars 3" Unigrit sanding discs in the future?
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just get a 2 3'4 backing plate for a DA or rotary and use the 4" foam pads? Then you have some small pads to use in other tight areas. I picked up the idea from this How to Video:

Wetsanding and Polishing - Headlight Restoration

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
    Meguiars introduced a new Professional Headlight and Spot Repair kit for 2010 (Big Bucks!) that includes 3" Unigrit sanding discs and supposedly all of the materials that are included in the kit will be available for sale separately (excluding the air powered mini tools). So maybe Autogeek will start stocking the Meguiars 3" Unigrit sanding discs in the future?
    it prolly wont be any cheaper than the 3M kit. and it wont come with 20-30 pieces of sandpaper. itll have 5-10 pieces like the 3M kit. I do ALOT of headlights, its a cheap and easy profit, so ALWAYS buying 3M or Meg's kits is insanely expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    Why not just get a 2 3'4 backing plate for a DA or rotary and use the 4" foam pads? Then you have some small pads to use in other tight areas. I picked up the idea from this How to Video:

Wetsanding and Polishing - Headlight Restoration
    Pads on a DA or Rotary would not have done the job on the mustang i posted pics of. It took a while for the 500 grit to get everything off, they were bad. i get a lot of VERY bad headlights. with a good thick layer of crap on them to where you can see a damn thing inside the headlight housings.
    17 Tucson | 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium PP | 89 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10

@TheRealPolisher on FaceBook | @green2kgt on IG

Post Thanks / Like

I think Mister B is referring to this.
    Meguiar's New 2010 Pro Products
    Toward the bottom.
    It shows them coming in packs of 15 in all the grits you would need for the 3M kit.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Blevins View Post
    I think Mister B is referring to this.
    Meguiar's New 2010 Pro Products
    Toward the bottom.
    It shows them coming in packs of 15 in all the grits you would need for the 3M kit.

DLB
    That is correct.

I was not referring to purchasing the Megs kit. That new kit is nearly $600.

I was referring to being able to purchase the individual packages of the 3" unigrit sanding discs seperate from the kit. You won't need to buy the kit every time you need the sanding discs.
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mister B View Post
    That is correct.

I was not referring to purchasing the Megs kit. That new kit is nearly $600.

I was referring to being able to purchase the individual packages of the 3" unigrit sanding discs seperate from the kit. You won't need to buy the kit every time you need the sanding discs.
    ahhh!!! thanks a lot!!! i finish up this other stuff i got and get some of this!!!!

thanks for the info!!!!! thats getting saved!!!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
    i purchased the 3M headlight restoration kit at the local store and it is IMPOSSIBLE to find 3" sanding disks like the ones that come with the kit. i am not going to buy another kit for 15 bucks and only get a few pieces and another 3" buffing pad and attachment. you guys should carry these!!!1

here is a link to the only place i could find that carries the 500, 800, and 3000 foam, sanding disks.

you guys should carry these, i am getting ready to order a pack of all 3!!!!!! prolly go 500 - 1000 - 3000

3" (Solid)

I LOVE my 3M headlight Resto Kit Polishing Pad ALL the time on motorcycle plastics, smaller areas on cars, i use my Menzerna SIP and Super Finish with the pad, but usually just the Super Finish. Works on friends and family cars when they have long scuffs or lighter-medium scratches in there clear coat. Its an easy way to make money. i keep it in my car with my drill all day every day. charge people like 10 bucks to do small things, adds up quick. i use that money for gas!! lol
    Try your local automotive paint stores. Thats Where I bought my prokit which runs on air and that where i restock on my paper 500-3000 3" 3m

Post Thanks / Like

My local body shop supply store keeps them in stock. I just bought a box of 500, 800, and 3000 as well.

Post Thanks / Like

ill have to find a shop around here... theres a paint store down the road, ill hit em up at lunch.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ICEMAN View Post
    ill have to find a shop around here... theres a paint store down the road, ill hit em up at lunch.
    For the drill kit i think it takes 3m hook it 1 so tell them hook it 1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast