Hello all.
Question: should I 3000 grit sand OR use a compound then polish OR just a medium strength polish?
I'm a "weekend warrior" learning on the job. I have a rotary polisher (Silverline 264569) lots of sandpapers and an abrasive pen.

Background
I'm on the last stage of a stone chip and bumper scuff repair on a BMW 3 series 2008 in Titan Silver Metallic.
I've done a huge amount of reading on it all, but TBH I still feel a bit lost... and cautious - given that it didn't really go exactly as in the Youtube videos.
BMW paint is very thick and "blobby", and I only really got success in sanding it with an abrasive pen. (Using sandpaper on a pencil top eraser seemed to get me nowhere)

I've filled in 8 stone chips, some of which were pretty large. I've also sanded a scuff from a black car that impacted the bumper, and put some touchup paint on.
All were BMW's own paints and clearcoat. In the pics are the bumper scuff, 3 pics of "double chips" and 2 pics of single chips. All the pics show touched up paint work ie the work done to today.

The current pictures show the paint after clearcoat and touchup paint (to fill the chips/repair the scuff), but before final sanding or compounding or polishing.
It feels "fairly" smooth, but definitely noticeable with finger touch.

The question
How would people recommend I finish it all of?

How do I  finish off stone chip repair and bumper scuff ??-bonnet-above-light-2904b-jpgHow do I  finish off stone chip repair and bumper scuff ??-bonnet-left-2904-b-jpgHow do I  finish off stone chip repair and bumper scuff ??-bonnet-mid2904b-jpgHow do I  finish off stone chip repair and bumper scuff ??-bonnet-r-2904-b-jpgHow do I  finish off stone chip repair and bumper scuff ??-bumper-double-2904-b-jpgHow do I  finish off stone chip repair and bumper scuff ??-roof2904-b-jpg

Should I:-

1)Use 1500 or 2000, then 3000, then 4000 grit. And finally a polish with the Rotary polisher and a week later a wax?
Would Menzerna Intensive Polish then a finishing polish be good choices here?I notice an older thread uses that tactic.

OR
should I:-2)Use a stronger compound, such as Meguiars M105 then polish and wax after that?
How much sanding might I need to do before that? I would guess much less sanding?
Or Meguiars D300 or Meguiars Ultimate?

Is a sanding pen the equivalent of far higher a grit, or is it still comparable to a 1500 grit?

OR

3)
Adopt another approach again? (Please advise).

Final notes
I'm cautious about using too powerful a compound. The car is a little grubby in the pics, but its only really the chips and bumper scuff that I want to correct. Generally the paint is in otherwise excellent condition for its age.
I'm also not entirely clear on which machine pad to use with any compound or polishes.

Of course I will post pics of any completed work, when its done.
Many thanks for any ideas thoughts you may have.

PS
the video I based my repair strategy around was this one.
How To Correctly "Paint Touch-Up" Stone Chips On Your Car To Get The Best Results! - YouTube.
A medium compound was recommended, but I've since found that the whole compound selection stage seems to be a potential minefield! Also, I found I needed an abrasive pen rather than sandpaper in the early stages.