Hi all,

So I found a weird yellow spot that was slightly protruding on my 1-month old '18 BRZ. I assumed it was a factory paint defect (could have been some crazy bird poop too) and decided to just compound it out.

I used a microfiber pad with Ultimate Compound and the small (1/4 inch maybe) yellow spot got a lot smaller and harder to notice, so I was happy. Then I noticed that in the process of doing so, I have managed to create a quarter-sized cloudy spot right below the now mostly gone yellow spot.

I tried hitting the spot with Ultimate Polish and for the life of me could not get the cloudy quarter-sized spot out. I have now stopped and am quite worried that I burnt through the clearcoat on my car. I thought I would be fine since I was doing this by hand, but I did exert quite a lot of pressure with my fingers when I was trying to compound out the yellow dot. I tried wiping the spot with a white towel and did not see any blue transffered onto it.

Thanks!
Burnt paint? - Album on Imgur
A very concerned detailing noobie

EDIT: To be clear, I used a lot of pressure on the concentrated yellow spot (two fingers pinching the microfiber pad.) I now realize that this was a bad idea...