autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Product Recommendations for heavy defect removal.

Hello all! It's been a long while since I've posted as I haven't really been detailing much the last few years, but I have 4 cars coming to me and decided to buy a Rupes 15 Mark II HD.

I still currently use Surbuf pads and M105/205, but I'm curious what's come out in the last few years that has REALLY set the correction game on fire! I remember hearing about M101 and I have a new bottle of D3000 I can crack open (Mmmmmm, cinnamon), but I'm looking at new Pad and Product recommendations for HEAVY defect removal using the new Rupes 15 Mark II.

I have 2 Griot's garage (original) polishers as backups, but from what I've been reading, the Rupes is the way to go for non-forced-rotation polishers. I'm not interested in the Flex 3401 and really wasn't back when it was first released, so please exclude it from any recommendations you have as I'd buy it if that's what I wanted, but I don't. I'm sure it's great, but I prefer non-forced-rotation and the larger, faster throw of the Rupes 15 Mark II.

Thanks in advance all! Hi Mike!

Adam Taylor
    O.C.Detailing - Raleigh/Durham/Holly Springs
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Product Recommendations for heavy defect removal.

Megs D300 w/ their microfiber cutting discs works well on some pretty severe defects. Runs quite smoothly on the Rupes 15 Mk 2. Blow/Fluff the pads after each pass (compressed air) and it's a pretty effective combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Megs D300 w/ their microfiber cutting discs works well on some pretty severe defects. Runs quite smoothly on the Rupes 15 Mk 2. Blow/Fluff the pads after each pass (compressed air) and it's a pretty effective combo.
    I meant D300 when I said that I have a new bottle of it, my apologies. I do like D300, but it doesn't have quite the cutting power of M105. I was curious if M101 was still the secret, European wonder-compound that it used to be or if anything newer has come out since? I'd go the microfiber disk route but don't have an air-compressor to blow out the fibers, so I've just stuck with Surbuf and a pad-brush to re-fluff. Thank you for the info though.
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

In the Megs line, M101 is still a defect killer,M100 is a great one as well. Griots makes Fast Correcting Creme that is a really good compound that can finish dang near perfect. There are others on the market that I dont think AG carries.

If you want something close to 105, it would probably be 101.

HUMP
    Carolina Auto Image
    Upstate South Carolina - Premium Exclusive Automotive Reconditioning
    info@carolinaautoimage.com

Post Thanks / Like

I love Rupes Zephir, or M100 on blue Rupes microfiber for the heaviest cutting with the Duetto/Mini combo.

Post Thanks / Like

M100, mf pads and Rupes 15 works well for me. You can add Griot's FCC, never used but killer reviews (Robert DiTerlizzi just loves it, and I take his word for it), Menzerna 400, M101, Scholl S3, Sonax CutMax (oh man, the more I use, the more I like it) to name a few. If you need rock in a bottle, Menzerna 300, and Menzerna 1000.
    Also, six inch wool pads on the 15 are great too, hybrid wool pad is awesome.
    Best regards.

Post Thanks / Like

My go to for heavy defects is griots boss fast correcting cream and a griots boss microfiber pad. The compound finishes down extremely well.

Joe just started a thread showing the McKees line which is getting lots of praise.

Rules makes high quality compounds and pads as well, they build the systemic approach.

Post Thanks / Like

menzerna SHC300 and M101 are the heaviest in my experience. Slight edge with Menzerna for overall cut but m101 leaves a much better finish. SHC300 is great for a 2-step paint correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by O.C.Detailing View Post
    I meant D300 when I said that I have a new bottle of it, my apologies. I do like D300, but it doesn't have quite the cutting power of M105. I was curious if M101 was still the secret, European wonder-compound that it used to be or if anything newer has come out since? I'd go the microfiber disk route but don't have an air-compressor to blow out the fibers, so I've just stuck with Surbuf and a pad-brush to re-fluff. Thank you for the info though.
    You can use a pad brush and clean the pad on the fly if you don't have a compressor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast