autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what is the BEST Final Polish For BLACK?? Swirl free

no I cant this is a production business.. If i do a detail spray it completely burries the shine supply super light swirls, and it will completely lose the oily "edge" of the 3m polish..
    I want a polish that finishes down perfect with a regular wipe.. the more times I touch the surface with a towel for the alcohol or whatever else the chance increases I catch a light scratch from the towel..that repeats the surface.

The thing is what I have is 99% well above what any normal person(non professional detailer with an LED light) will notice but its my own OCD that wants the perfection. Truth is I package these items to be shipped after being sold and they probably get more swirls from the packaging process then what either of the polishes I try lol its a bit crazy I know, but I figure for the same amount of work i need a polish that truly performs how I need

What is the main purpose of an alcohol wipe? It surely doesnt help the surface at all, it seems like a crutch for a bad performing polish that is hard to get off the surface or something? I understand it eliminates all polish to see what you "truly" have underneath but a good polish should wipe off easily and completely on its own in my opinion

Post Thanks / Like

The alcohol wipe is to be sure you are correcting and not leaving polish oils that are filling..
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

ya which in my case, I dont care if they are filling or not. better if they are and to leave them there. But hard to be filling when your using a polish no "no fillers"
    The 3m ultrafine polish is absolutely hands down the best I have seen and finishes 100% swirl free, but you can tell a difference on the surface I have polished and one I have not. I have tried to capture it in a photo. A polish that performs as well as 3m on black, but doesnt leave an "edge" would be marvelous.

ok I have taken a photo to show what I mean, it may not be a bad idea to try alcohol on the "edge" but then I am at another step. another thing is to just run the polish over the entire light . which is by no means a major task and what I have been doing to this point.. but as i said its just production and it adds up to more time, and product in the end. Hope the photo helps understand what im facing..the "unpolished" side is completely fresh paint untouched by anything, it is kind of weird how it looks more hazy then the polished paint considering it is brand new paint.

what is the BEST Final Polish For BLACK?? Swirl free-dscn3786-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails what is the BEST Final Polish For BLACK?? Swirl free-dscn3786_zpsg4jvu1ja-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Try a softer pad, the slick back has almost hardly any cut to it. But I think HD polish+ is about near perfect imo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    CarPro Reflect with CarPro Gloss Pads.
    Agree and dump 3m rubbing compound on soft paint non cured paint.fg 400 will replace that with very little micro marring if not any,and keep your pads very clean.I just wet sanded a disastrous 13 vette with water marks that cratered into the paint on the whole entire car.wetsanded 2000 fg on wool polishing pad then fg with micro cutting pad on da then HD speed with orange foam pad and topped it of with pwlock.car came out with zero micro marring.

Post Thanks / Like

PO85RD best hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

HD polish. Great final polish for soft black paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys black Hole followed with Collinite wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used CAR PRO Reflect with orange spider pads on my wifes black Merc GLA 45 and it leaves nothing but clear glassy result... as a general polish (it will remove swirls too)
    I have also used Scholl S20black + with blue spider pads too and it corrcets and finishes down to practically the same level as the Reflect.. I have a hard time seeing the difference between them....
    Thats with a 6 pass, 4 working 2 light...
    Both these are easy to use, almost no dust, and almost no residue afterwards... i honestly can't ask for more....

Post Thanks / Like

Reflect is a very nice overlooked product.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast