autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign-up - Honda Extreme Makeover with Duragloss!

I can't wait to see this myself. Then I'd like to see DG products used on a nice swirled out street rod and get some feedback from Mike afterwards.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to seeing the results from this detail! I want to see how well the Duragloss products work.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Mike,
    I'm avalible....
    Love to have you join us for a project some time, the door is always open here for all pro detailers as well as hobbyist.

Quote Originally Posted by RMM View Post
    I didn't see any bottle of 601. I suspect we won't be seeing the 501/601 combo followed by the 105/601...
    I have the 601 just not in the picture as well as 652

Quote Originally Posted by richy View Post

Mike, I'll be looking very forward to seeing how it turns out. Thanks for spot-lighting DG products too. If I may be so bold as to suggest that you try the Swirl Remover as it has the most cut from what you have pictured there.

I also have the 652 Pre Cleaner #2 just didn't include it in the picture. I have the 561 also and since it's specifically for fiberglass surfaces I'm guessing it's more aggressive than the auto paint products as that's the norm for marine products.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    I can't wait to see this myself. Then I'd like to see DG products used on a nice swirled out street rod and get some feedback from Mike afterwards.
    Since most people own new cars and work on newer cars I'm trying to put the focus on newer cars.

Myself?

I like SIV's and I figure anyone smart enough to join a forum and read a thread can figure out that they can use the same pads, products and tools to their newer car that I use on a Special Interest Vehicle.

That said, you'll probably see a mix of newer cars and once in a while a swirled out street rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I like SIV's and I figure anyone smart enough to join a forum and read a thread can figure out that they can use the same pads, products and tools to their newer car that I use on a Special Interest Vehicle.

That said, you'll probably see a mix of newer cars and once in a while a swirled out street rod.

That sure was a nice way of telling me I wasn't smart enough to figure that out, Mike. LOL! I suppose everyone's entilted to have one of those moments per day. LOL! Must have had my head in the sand...sort of like the "egg cartons" huh? He he he.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see DG getting some pub, not sure if our threads have anything to do with it but I'd like to think they played a part, LOL. Looking forward to the results, wish the car had a color though, talk about a boring color but then again, DG will come through for you!
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    That sure was a nice way of telling me I wasn't smart enough to figure that out, Mike. LOL! I suppose everyone's entitled to have one of those moments per day. LOL! Must have had my head in the sand...sort of like the "egg cartons" huh? He he he.
    And just to say that what I wrote wasn't targeted at you or anyone else but just to point out if you see more "new" cars being worked on it's because most people own new cars. Most people don't own cool 1939 Lincoln Zephrs...

And then the point was if an article is written showing how to remove the swirls out of the clear coat finish on a cool Lincoln Zephyr that even if a person owns a Toyota Camry or a Honda Civic, they can still use the same pads, products, tools and techniques and get the same results.

Like seen here,

1939 Lincoln Zephyr - Swirls Removed - Modeled by Nicole

Swirls

No Swirls

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Nice to see DG getting some pub, not sure if our threads have anything to do with it but I'd like to think they played a part, LOL.
    Sure the talk on the forum has an effect but also if you look at all the recent Thursday Night Broadcasts, I've purposefully been showcasing a wide variety of products..

Car showcased with Blackfire

Car showcased with Gtechniq Exo - (We didn't have the Gtechniq polishes at time)

Car showcased with Chemical Guys

Car showcased with Meguiar's Consumer Line

Car showcased with Optimum products

Car showcased with Mother's Consumer Line

Car showcased with Dodo Juice products

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Looking forward to the results, wish the car had a color though, talk about a boring color but then again, DG will come through for you!
    Keep in mind a huge majority of the population owns silver and beige cars!

But I'm with out, my normal practice is to find Eye Candy, that is cars with colors that "Pop" on camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Cant wait to see your opinion of the MF pads and DG. I have yet to take theMF pad plunge and use plenty of DG products so this has a real interest for me.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by bobble View Post
    Cant wait to see your opinion of the MF pads and DG. I have yet to take the MF pad plunge and use plenty of DG products so this has a real interest for me.

Just did some testing with the DG products and to reduce the variables for this project I've decided to stick with basic 5.5" Lake Country Foam Flat pads.

I'll save the Ultra Microfiber Pads for another project car I have lined up so hang tight on the Ultra MF pad review.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I know you weren't directing that at me. LOL! I was just joking with you because I realized what you were saying is true.

My point about seeing them used on a street rod wasn't made very clear as to what I was realy thinking. I meant that it would be nice to see DG products used on a street rod because I typically don't know many people who use DG on those cars, and I wonder how many folks have enough confidence in using DG products on a classic car, or even know about DG products.

I don't know that many street rodders, but the ones I do know are Meguiar's, Mothers, 1Z, and Zaino users. Around here, it's almost like DG is a sub-par or something. Usually if I do find a DG user in my area, they are diehard DG users, but it's rare. Most bottles of DG products around here gather dust on autopart store shelves.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

I'll definitely be following this one, Mike. I've just recently tried some of the DG products due to Richy's posts and have been well satisfied. The show cars and street rods make for good video, but stuff like this Honda DD are more typical of what the majority of us, both pros and weekenders, see on a regular basis. Too bad I live so far away. I'd like to tear into this one under your tutelage.

Bill

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast