autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sign-up - 1989 K5 Blazer - Wetsand, Cut and Buff - Saturday February 4th

I will be there for sure.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, Ill be there. This is going to be a great follow up to your BOOT CAMP that Ill be attending the weekend before.
    thanks
    danny

Mike Phillips

***Update***

I just talked to Jay, they finished spraying the last coats of clear last night. Jay said they sprayed 4 coats of clear so we have plenty of material to work with.

If you want to be a part of this rare opportunity you must either reply to this thread or e-mail me because I need a accurate head count.

Also keep in mind that the next day is Super Bowl Sunday, so we're going to start early on Saturday and be finished on Saturday.

Jay will be bringing the K5 Blazer down on Friday so we can already have it taped off and ready to sand starting Saturday morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all over this Mike !
    Evil Mean and Nasty ! Just the way I like it !

Post Thanks / Like

So if I get a flight down to PBI from VA will anyone let me hitch a ride if I pay for gas
    Otherwise, what would a cab ride from PBI to Autogeek cost? The ticket would be the cheapest part of the trip.LOL Just need a dog sitter here, and a place to crash for that weekend in Stuart and I'm in.
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Mike Phillips

Jay just sent me these pictures form his phone camera... these are some of the process pictures, it's already been painted and cleared and ready for us to start sanding...

Starting the body work...

New rocker panels welded in...

Doors, hood, tailgate have all been removed...

Sealer on, then colored primer to sand high spots...

I'll try to get some pictures of it as she sits now...

Post Thanks / Like

Apology fo a noob question, so how much does it usually cost to join on one of these "projects"? Not that im gonna join now, but whenever im in fl area, i would want to join you guys there

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by ponzy View Post
    Apology fo a noob question, so how much does it usually cost to join on one of these "projects"? Not that im gonna join now, but whenever im in fl area, i would want to join you guys there

My Thursday night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" classes are free but they are also a simple, casual setting, no formal classroom session.

We're doing this particular Thursday night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" on a Saturday because we're going to need more time and because this truck will be on our TV show for a paint buffing segment.

I do need an accurate head count so anyone that's going to attend must reply to this sign-up thread.

Mike Phillips

Just an FYI...

I'll have some demo hoods set up for people to practice on before working on the real deal for anyone that has never machine dampsanded.

We'll be using 6" and 3" Meguiar's Unigrit sanding and finishing discs for this project and only hand sanding with Nikken Finishing papers if and when we have to.

We need to leave one panel completely untouched and with all the orange peel for the "before segment" for the TV show and we'll pick that panel the day of this project.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    My Thursday night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" classes are free but they are also a simple, casual setting, no formal classroom session.

We're doing this particular Thursday night "Autogeek's Car of the Week" on a Saturday because we're going to need more time and because this truck will be on our TV show for a paint buffing segment.

I do need an accurate head count so anyone that's going to attend must reply to this sign-up thread.

Mike, I will be there. not missing this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast