Sign-up - 1959 Chevrolet El Camino - December 15th

I met Al, the owner of this very cool 1959 El Camino about a year ago. The car has a great story and classic 1950's styling. There is one problem however... it's really swirled-out bad... as in really, really really bad.

I've probably worked on cars in worse condition but nothing comes to mind at this moment that's how bad the paint is on this classic El Camino.

Al and his El Camino will be here this Thursday for an Extreme Makeover. Some times we do "Show Car Makeovers" for cars in good condition but for cars like Al's, only the term Extreme Makeover accurately describes what's about to take place...

I struggle with getting good shots in the dark so Thursday I'll have better pictures until then here's what I was able to capture in the parking lot in the dark.

The 1959 El Camino is very rare...

No plastic trim to have to tape-off on this car...

This is the only year the El Camino came with horizontal fins and what are called Cat Eye Taillights...

The swirls you see in the paint below is what the entire car looks like...

The paint is single stage black, this mean it's going to be soft and easy to buff. The paint will come out like a black mirror when were finished.

The opportunity to work on cool cars with single stage paint is becoming more and more rare, it's truly a treat. If you're in the Stuart area, this will be a great project to be a part of...

We start at 5:00pm sharp! If you want to join in the fun then reply to this thread...

Here's where the action takes place...

Autogeek's Garage
7744 SW Jack James Drive

Stuart, FL 34997
Mapquest Driving Directions

The door to the right of the garage door is the entrance to our TV Studio where we conduct these events.