How to work with original, antique single stage paint

Polishing vintage original single stage paint

At a recent car show the owner of a 1957 Chevy 210, Arnaldo San Martin, came up to me and told me he loved our TV show, Competition Ready. He then asked me to look at the paint on his car. He told me that approximately 85% of the paint on his car was the original factory paint and that he was finding it very difficult to polish and wax. After inspecting his car I told him if he would bring the car to Autogeek in Stuart, Florida I would be happy to show him how to make polishing the original paint easy as well as try to work out some of the few remaining swirls.

Here's Arnaldo's 1957 Chevy 210

In this class you will learn,

1. How to use a waterless wash
  2. How to correctly use detailing clay
  3. Light machine polishing to remove swirls and oxidation
  4. Hand polishing with Meguiar's #7 Show Car Glaze
  5. Applying a true show car quality Carnauba Paste Wax

Long drive on bad roads
The owner lives in Lakeland, Florida, which is about 150 miles away and portions of the road are under construction making it a hazardous as well as uncomfortable drive to Stuart in this type of car. I appreciate his passion for the car hobby and his tenacity to seek out help in working on his car's original paint and for these reasons, we here at Autogeek are more than happy to open up our garage not only to help him with his car project but to also welcome other car enthusiast that are interested in learning the art of polishing paint.

Date: Saturday, January 13th
Time: 10:00am to Noon

Requirements: Member of the AutogeekOnline.net discussion forum or member of Autogeek's Detailing 101 Facebook Group

How to sign-up

If you want to join in the fun you need to be a registered member of this forum and reply to this thread.

Click here to join the AutogeekOnline Discussion Forum

Or call Customer Care to reserve your space.

1-800-869-3011

Sign-up List

1. Mike Phillips - Of course I'll be here!
2. Arnalod
3. Arnaldo's son
4. Frank
5. bouthie

Autogeek's Show Car Garage
7744 SW Jack James Drive
Stuart, FL 34997
Mapquest Directions

The door to the right of the garage door is the entrance to our TV Studio/Training Center