autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fender wells with carpet?

I seem to be getting more and more cars in my detail shop with carpet inside the fender wells. I have tried everything from APC and a brush, using a vacuum cleaner, presser washer, carpet brush and still I'm having trouble getting the carpet inside the fenders clean. Just wondering what other detailers area doing with this same problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fender wells with carpet?

I have a Charger with this material in the wheels wells and read a thread a while back that asked the same question. I tried most of the recommendations, toilet style brush, high pressure, etc. The best luck I have had was with Metro Air Force Blaster but even with it there is still some debris that that needs to be pulled/brushed out. I would not buy the blaster just for this purpose though. I just noticed that it was blowing debris out of the carpet while drying the car and thought I would pass it along.

BTW if you figure out the best way to coat this stuff to make it easier to clean let me know!

Post Thanks / Like

My Sierra has them and my pressure washer takes care of everything. Just go slow and make multiple passes. It seems that the big stuff will rinse right out but the fine stuff that is really in there needs to softened up and rinsed out a second or third time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garagehack View Post
    I have a Charger with this material in the wheels wells and read a thread a while back that asked the same question. I tried most of the recommendations, toilet style brush, high pressure, etc. The best luck I have had was with Metro Air Force Blaster but even with it there is still some debris that that needs to be pulled/brushed out. I would not buy the blaster just for this purpose though. I just noticed that it was blowing debris out of the carpet while drying the car and thought I would pass it along.

BTW if you figure out the best way to coat this stuff to make it easier to clean let me know!

I also read the thread you are referring to with a lot of interest. One of the forum members seemed to have success using a brush first to break things up and then I believe wash/pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Fender wells with carpet?

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    My Sierra has them and my pressure washer takes care of everything. Just go slow and make multiple passes. It seems that the big stuff will rinse right out but the fine stuff that is really in there needs to softened up and rinsed out a second or third time.
    My Venza has them also. I just keep spraying and most of it seems to rinse out. Anything obvious leftover I pick out by hand....
    I'd Rather Be Roadracing.

Post Thanks / Like

Whisking with a rubber Pet Hair brush will do the trick.
    Rubber Pet Brush

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    Whisking with a rubber Pet Hair brush will do the trick.
    Rubber Pet Brush

Now that could verge on the possibility of being genius!

Post Thanks / Like

A nitrite covered glove does the same thing on my DD. Pressure washer and then gloved hand gets most of it out.
    https://www.facebook.com/newfinishPDLLC/
    Steve Infante, New Finish Columbia 803-553-1782
    Columbia, SC / IG:@newfinishcolumbia

Post Thanks / Like

I've wondered this, but have not asked. Can you use a fabric protectant such as 303 Fabric Guard or Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric and spray them on the carpet lined wheel wells? Will this help keep them clean/ easier to clean?

Post Thanks / Like

You know those adhesive lint rollers?

And the the other kind of lint roller that uses a fabric type spiky thing that goes in one direction? Like a fabric lint roller?

Yeah I don't know how to explain it but those work magic for me on carpeted fender liners and animal hair on the carpets

Edit: if you go on amazon or ebay and search fabric lint brush or magic lint brush, that's what I'm trying to so badly explain haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast