autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: VIDEO Not knowing you are terrible and bragging about how good you are on TV

I agree, the wash mitt on the inside was shocking.

He seemed to like everything "nice and shiny"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VIDEO Not knowing you are terrible and bragging about how good you are on TV

I actually bought a car from them before I ever got into detailing. Probably had this "treatment" done to it.

Wow!! Those soapy mitts inside were the best!
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

omg the rotary movement!
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Whats crazy is that is them on their best behavior with a camera filming, what the hell do they do when they are alone working.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! I can't believe what I just watched!!

My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

Worse in my opinion is the Hologram instillation, what an awful to watch polishing technique...

I prefer to have my interior pressure washed than to see my paint being 'treated' like that.

Thanks for sharing.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

So we are all car guys first and foremost, yes?

Secondly, I would hazard a guess and say that it was our love for cars that got most of us into detailing in one way or another, and it is this passion that I think is a natural progression into wanting your car to look good. And to some degree we are all a little (ok some a lot) OCD.

This passion is, I believe, what drives us to want to learn and get better at it. So we find places like this incredible forum, and are better off for it, in a multitude of ways...

After watching this video, laughing a bit, cringing, wanting to go clean something just....well...just because.... I wondered....If these guys really are as passionate about wanting the car to look good, WHY have they not looked for a place like this and learnt.

I have never even held a rotary, never mind used one.... but from time spent among you lot and a bit of youtubing even I know that the way he was polishing the doors looked more like a freaky gymnastics performance than anything other than the right way.

I get that he is under time constraints and can't devote the hours some of us do, but I would have thought he would have a natural desire to get better, that would have lead him to the internet?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with SYMAWD. They seem to actually care about the service they provide. They just don't know they are dong it incorrectly. Until you are taught the proper way you don't know any better.
    I do love the soapy mitt washing the dash. What a hoot.

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched this video about 10 times so far because its so appalling to me... I want to call that dealership and ask them what the heck they think they are doing...

I dont know if any one caught this because I didnt till the 3rd time watching it but when they take a soapy mitt to the dash and all its electrical components they then use compressed air to blow it off... Where do you think that water goes? It forces its way into the electrical parts and what not. What happens when the radio goes out? They blame the customer and charge them 700 for a new one... What a joke. What if the seats have seat warmers? Well now those are compromised... Hows that armor all going to affect the rubber bushings on the tie rods and other bushings in the suspension and steering systems. What about the armor all on the break rotors?

Chad in that video deserves to be fired and never touch another car as long as he lives...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I remember seeing that video on the Dealership's youtube page before they wised up and took it down. What a clown show! I feel bad for the "detail techs" - they genuinely seem passionate about their work. Common sense on the other hand...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast