autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Micro Fiber Towel Storage

Thought I would pass this along, in case there is anyone with the same problem of where to store all their micro fiber towels. I just detail my own cars and occasionally a family members but have accumulated a fair amount of towels, got tired of storing them in plastic tubs, messing with the lids and figuring out where to put the tubs. Long story short, I was at Wal-Mart and back in the hardware area, where the ladders are, I found a fairly sturdy plastic storage cabinet. It's beige, 36 inches tall, 25 inches wide and 18 inches deep. Has four drawers and is light enough for one person to load in the truck and move around just about anywhere in the garage. This puppy will hold a mess of towels ! Doesn't take up much space, no more tubs ,lids and now everything is in one place. Just open a drawer and there you go. The top is sturdy enough to stack a couple of plastic tubs on if still needed AND...just $50. Works great for me at a price I can afford.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a neat idea you came up with very nice...though not be a pain but when you get the time please show some pics of your set up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post
    Thought I would pass this along, in case there is anyone with the same problem of where to store all their micro fiber towels. I just detail my own cars and occasionally a family members but have accumulated a fair amount of towels, got tired of storing them in plastic tubs, messing with the lids and figuring out where to put the tubs. Long story short, I was at Wal-Mart and back in the hardware area, where the ladders are, I found a fairly sturdy plastic storage cabinet. It's beige, 36 inches tall, 25 inches wide and 18 inches deep. Has four drawers and is light enough for one person to load in the truck and move around just about anywhere in the garage. This puppy will hold a mess of towels ! Doesn't take up much space, no more tubs ,lids and now everything is in one place. Just open a drawer and there you go. The top is sturdy enough to stack a couple of plastic tubs on if still needed AND...just $50. Works great for me at a price I can afford.
    That's exactly what I use to store MF towels, wash mitts, various applicators and brushes but I still keep the high quality towels in their baggies inside the drawers to avoid light dust...
    Mine comes with wheels and it's light but sturdy.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Micro Fiber Towel Storage

What is wrong with just folding them and placing them on a shelf?
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coopers ST View Post
    What is wrong with just folding them and placing them on a shelf?
    Accumulation of dirt and dust and the possibility of overlooking something hat settled on them that might scratch your paint.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Sounds like a neat idea you came up with very nice...though not be a pain but when you get the time please show some pics of your set up
    I would be glad to BUT...I have never learned to attach pictures to a post on this forum. There is not much of a "Set up" to this. It comes assembled ready to go...not even in a box so you can see what you are getting. I sat mine on top of four " Half blocks" with a piece of plywood cut to fit on top of them. That way I didn't have to bend down as if it was sitting on the floor.However I could scan the label that came off the drawer and send it by e-mail if you want to e-mail me. That way if your Wal-Mart doesn't have it you can show them what you want. OR maybe "Sherif" can send you a picture and what his cost? Mine did not have wheels and I did not find anything similar at Lowes or Home Depot. Possible " Sherif" has a better one than me and maybe he can tell us where he got his. My e-mail is .... jlineman@gmail.com.

Post Thanks / Like

I have about 10 of the flip top plastic containers. I have enough towels to fill them based on use. About 4-5 are edgeless 470's one is 530 dual pile, one is cheapo interior and two are a hodge podge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lineman View Post
    I would be glad to BUT...I have never learned to attach pictures to a post on this forum. There is not much of a "Set up" to this. It comes assembled ready to go...not even in a box so you can see what you are getting. I sat mine on top of four " Half blocks" with a piece of plywood cut to fit on top of them. That way I didn't have to bend down as if it was sitting on the floor.However I could scan the label that came off the drawer and send it by e-mail if you want to e-mail me. That way if your Wal-Mart doesn't have it you can show them what you want. OR maybe "Sherif" can send you a picture and what his cost? Mine did not have wheels and I did not find anything similar at Lowes or Home Depot. Possible " Sherif" has a better one than me and maybe he can tell us where he got his. My e-mail is .... jlineman@gmail.com.
    Sounds good Ill drop you a PM soon thought take a look at this
    http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...t-defects.html