autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wanting to try Rinseless wash

I did my 1st waterless wash yesterday, used CG ECOsmart RU diluted 1:1 and 5 700gsm 75/25 16x16 double sided microfiber towels. I have nothing to compare it to since I've never used anything similar, but it looks really good and didn't take long at all. It was fairly dirty, but it's So Cal, so it wasn't mud or anything too crazy. Outside of needing a buttload of towels this might be my method for clients cars in the future. I'm going to be ordering maybe 2 dozen more of the towels.

I've never used these towels and they came out diiiiirty, so depending on how well they come clean in the washing machine (BF Microfiber cleaner) I might re-think the waterless route lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Duragloss rinseless is my favorite, ordering directly from them is CHEAP! If you wanna try it first check your local CarQuest and/or NAPA.
    Does Carquest actually stock it? Their detailing area is quite dusty (meaning very little turnover) in the store here and it is next to the former corp HQ (got bought out).
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I use ONR, ONR+WW, and DP rinseless wash and gloss. All of these are great. I have only washed my brand new truck 2 times in its first year of ownership. All the rest have been rinseless washes.

Use a microfiber chenille mitt, two buckets, and a good drying towel like MF madness, Carpro drying towels, or cobra.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash for my rinseless washes and Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 128 oz. for clay lube and spot cleaning around the interior where i need a more delicate touch

I go through about 8 microfibers per rinseless wash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    Well for now I plan on trying a rinseless wash for the first time on my car. Since my car doesn't really get dirty, it just gets dusty so bringing out the foam gum every week almost seems unnecessary for my car at least.

Here is my plan of attack, I am trying to skip the whole 20 towels in a wash bucket method. I don't feel like doing laundry every week. lol

I pretty much have everything except ONR. I do have a bunch of those specific towels and I will just need to pick up some more wash mitts. (they are great by the way, you should try them, the towels)

What do you guys think?

Good grief!! Get a 5 gallon bucket at Lowes or Home Depot for a few dollars. they are the same size and mark off the gallon levels inside of the bucket with a marks-a-lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Another DP rinseless user
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Post Thanks / Like

ONR is a mobile detailers best friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Wanting to try Rinseless wash

Quote Originally Posted by nezff View Post
    I use ONR, ONR+WW, and DP rinseless wash and gloss. All of these are great. I have only washed my brand new truck 2 times in its first year of ownership. All the rest have been rinseless washes.

Use a microfiber chenille mitt, two buckets, and a good drying towel like MF madness, Carpro drying towels, or cobra.
    Yeah, I usually only use ONR, Ultima WW and then waffle weave dry on my own vehicles.
    Hey nezff, trying to PM you but didn't go through. Just letting you know in case you didn't know it was full.... (Have a couple of questions for ya if you don't mind...)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was hesitant to try rinse-less, so when the turtle wax product came out I gave it a try. Now I'm on to Duragloss or Ultima.

Both good products IMO

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer using the Microfiber Madness IncreediSponge over all other wash media I have ever tried with rinseless. IMO UWW+ as a rinseless or ONR are the best.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast