autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Regular Member Executive Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you advertise?

*If you have a trailer...use it as a billboard. It works!
    *Got a website? Be sure that all the Metadata is used correctly which will help in search rankings.
    *LinkedIn. Build your network and get involved with groups.
    *Google Adwords
    *Google Places
    *Yelp
    *Manta
    *Bing Places for Business
    *Yahoo business listings
    *Local Chamber of Commerce (as mentioned). This will give you a chance to not only talk to other business owners, but it will also allow you to get your business mentioned in their pamphlets and website.
    *Talk to Condo/Apartment offices about putting your business cards in the "New Resident" folders

Just to name a few things I've done. Good luck!
    Jeremy Vizzi
    Executive Detail, LLC of Tampa Bay
    http://www.executivedetailllc.com

Post Thanks / Like

What works for one person may not work for another. I usually get my customers in 3 ways, referral, craigslist or google. 90% of the time it's from a person searching on google and finding me. I agree that people don't usually use word of mouth because they don't really have any incentive. Some people do and some don't, however you can make and print out coupons to hand your customer after you get done with their car. Give it to them (with an expiration date) and say here is a $10 off coupon for your next detail or for a friend. People don't like wasting coupons and if they don't use it, they might hand it off. Now you have another person with your info.
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo
    "Like" us Facebook.com/AlchemyAutoDetail

Post Thanks / Like
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like
    Learn this business. Learn your market. Become your own brand. Work your but off and deliver. Customer service pays off

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the small community beach and neighborhood papers. Most neighborhoods have a small HOA newsletter that will help target specific zones. A wrap pays for itself ten times over . Don't pay to be on yelp etc it's free.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a suggestion, but I use Yelp a lot to look for reviews. I use it as much as I can for restaurants and other services like the best place to repair computers, phones, etc. I'm pretty sure they have an automotive section. I'd say get your place registered there to 1) get people to locate you and 2) get people to see what services you provide and reviews other people have left. People will go where the reviews are good. All you need is a few to get you started. Maybe ask some of your customers if they could review you on yelp after you get your company registered there. Warning, you gotta be ready for what negative things people might say though. There is always some disgruntled rabid reviewer out there.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I'm just thinking that this could be a good thread to ask about advertising, too.

My boss has asked me to look into creating a website for the shop. It has expanded recently and he wants to get more presence online. We've done the whole social media stuff, ads in papers, flyers, etc. So, I've volunteered to do a bit of research on the side since I like this kinda stuff to look into website creation, hosting and everything else that you need for a site.

I'm wondering if any of you have experience with making and maintaining your own website. I'm pretty decent with this kind of stuff but by no means an expert. We are looking to create a page that people can refer to when they look us up (something with pics, contacts, map, links to our social media, reviews, etc). It needs to be professional but easy to use. A buddy of mine uses 1and1 (link included for reference) for a music business he owns and he thinks it's good. However, I'm willing to do the research to make sure I get it right the first time. Just wanted to know if there are any other suggestions or advice that anyone else might have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do a lot through Facebook pages. The sale trade kind for your area. I also go to car meets a lot and talk to people there. I will be doing a raffle with a local food truck in a few weeks at one of the meets. Giving out 2 10% percent off and a free headlight. Just look at your market and get creative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Two words: Social. Medial. Several words: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Angie's List....

Word of Mouth is good but do NOT rely on it. You will be homeless unless you're already VERY well established.

And Yelp is fine, but stay away from their paid advertising. I got suckered into that crap. They wanted $350/MONTH!!! Worst advertising (in comparison to cost) EVER. I could post 7 $50 ads on Facebook per month and reach 10,000x's the potential clientel.

The only good thing about Yelp is that they are actually searching for you. Still, had it for 6 months and hated it. (btw, i was the ONLY detailer in my area to have ALL 5 star reviews. 10 reviews. They ghosted SEVEN of them. Why? I didn't know the people before detailing their vehicles. Not like it was friends posting. They did it because I would take all the business from the companies that pay Yelp and have 2, 3 and 4 star reviews.)
    Showtime Auto Detailing & Mobile Detailing Trailers
    http://detailbyshowtime.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    Two words: Social. Medial. Several words: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Angie's List....

Word of Mouth is good but do NOT rely on it. You will be homeless unless you're already VERY well established.

And Yelp is fine, but stay away from their paid advertising. I got suckered into that crap. They wanted $350/MONTH!!! Worst advertising (in comparison to cost) EVER. I could post 7 $50 ads on Facebook per month and reach 10,000x's the potential clientel.

The only good thing about Yelp is that they are actually searching for you. Still, had it for 6 months and hated it. (btw, i was the ONLY detailer in my area to have ALL 5 star reviews. 10 reviews. They ghosted SEVEN of them. Why? I didn't know the people before detailing their vehicles. Not like it was friends posting. They did it because I would take all the business from the companies that pay Yelp and have 2, 3 and 4 star reviews.)
    Yelp hides them unless you pay for advertisement or the reviewer has a ton of reviews on yelp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast