autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Using 0000 steel wool on windshield

Never thought of using that on a DA... hum... probably does a better job than doing it by hand, but would take a lot more time to setup the DA... Mitt if probably the best way I think. Will have to get one, I am using sponges right now... they work well but the very large surface of the mitt must save a lot of time compared to the sponges.

And yes, thanks a lot Mike, most of my knowledge comes from your books and videos. You are an awesome source of knowledge.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time I wash a car I use my Nanoskin wash mitt on the windows works great.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 0000 steel wheel about every other month.... depending on how many bugs I've killed since the last go round of 0000 steel wool.

Have done this for 5 years and it has worked wonders for me. It actually took out some sort of "haze" I had on my windshield that looked like tiny pin holes you could only see during dusk or dawn. Odd, sure, but positive results came about and that's why I did it.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried it once when I started but never felt good about it. I feel like any small particles that come off will get on the paint. I may be wrong but I have my method now that works. Clean, clay with nanoskin mitt, shave with glass cleaner and plastic razor blades, then polish with nuglass and a black CCS pad or if it's really scratched from wipers or the waterspots are really etched in I go for the Ceriglass with the rayon pads on my PC. Then seal the glass with aqua pel or I will use a few coats klasse s/g.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Nano-Skin 6inch on my DA on the windows and it works really well. I have also had great results with the Mr. Clean Erasers with no scratches. I think the fastest and easiest way that I have deep cleaned, not corrected, windows was with the use of the Meg's headlight restoration drill attachment and Rain-X X-treme Clean you just need to make sure you keep the area wet otherwise it can be a pain to remove all the residue that dries.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used 0000 steel wool on many a windshield. I also use it to polish REAL chrome.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I also continue to use steel wool occassionally on glass. I have dedicated MF towels and avoid as much as possible any cross contamination with shredded steel wool bits on any towels other than my glass towels. Because of my apprehension with using something that might induce paint marring, I use VERY LIGHT pressure on the glass along with my glass cleaner. I NEVER use a rusted piece and the key for me has always been to use a fresh steel wool piece every time. That and very light pressure has given me great results.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123