autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: water blade??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: water blade??

The problem with a blade or even a chamois is that even after you wash the car, there is a possibility you missed a spot and then you drag a water blade or a towel with no nap over it causing damage - nobody is perfect.

In addition to this, assuming alot of people are not washing the car in a closed environment, the second the car is washed, there is already dust and dirt floating around that lands on your car.

This is why it is important to only use a microfiber towel and forced air when drying the car. Any chance that there is dirt or dust on the car, there is in theory a lesser chance of the paint being scratched because the nap of the towel picks up the dirt instead of rubbing it against the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the one pass water blade on SHOW CARS with great results. Makes sure you get one with a rubber handle so it can form to the curves of the car. No scratches what so ever, even used on black. It removes the water spots completely, no residual water is left to air dry on the car. I usually first use compressed air on the tires/ wheels and cracks of the car and then go back with the one pass and a shammy. Use the shammy just to get water out of the areas that are hard to hit with the water blade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAS View Post
    I use the one pass water blade on SHOW CARS with great results. Makes sure you get one with a rubber handle so it can form to the curves of the car. No scratches what so ever, even used on black. It removes the water spots completely, no residual water is left to air dry on the car. I usually first use compressed air on the tires/ wheels and cracks of the car and then go back with the one pass and a shammy. Use the shammy just to get water out of the areas that are hard to hit with the water blade.
    I just detailed a "show car" last weekend with several long and mostly straight scratches on the tops surfaces. Owner said he used the water blade to remove water when it rains at a show. Needless to say He will no longer be using his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously, he doesn't realize that rain water is dirty.
    2007 Chevy Equinox
    2008 Saturn Outlook

Post Thanks / Like

My show car. One Pass and air dried every time

Post Thanks / Like

I stopped using a water blade a long time ago and will never go back. I will not use a California Duster either, no more wipe down with WW at shows too. You can rebutt and refute, but after seeing my friends 7 yr old paint job that has never been polished or corrected since painted and only waxed and not being able to find swirls, scratches or love touches I am a believer.

My new motto is "touch the paint as little as possible".

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep a California Car duster under my seat in a zip loc bag. To quickly wipe off minor dust off the dash board. is this bad? (Interior only)

Oh and funny how you guys were fighting about drying a car back then, when I was trying to learning how to walk again lol

Post Thanks / Like

california duster is a freaking night mare, but a necessary evil for me at shows. I figure if the paint has good enough protection it can't be doing to much more damage than a wash mit though. Just let it glide and shake it off after every pass, what else can you do? I prefer it to using a quick spray / microfiber.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VAS View Post

My show car. One Pass and air dried every time
    Sweet '70, man! I personally have a restored '69 SS396, black too of course

Sent from my ADR6325 using AG Online
    Street/Racing Concepts
    '02 Mercedes SLK32 AMG, '05 Mercedes SL65 AMG, '02 Audi A6 Quattro 4.2- All Silver!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: water blade??

Quote Originally Posted by Rival View Post
    how come none of you guys use them?? i use it all my cars get it works great. The california auto spa one is great.

In all the How to's and articles no one uses them. Why??

There a fantantic very high end detailer in my area who on occasion runs detailing seminars for the Mercedes and Porsche clubs. He says that the use of this and the duster bring him a great deal work and would NEVER put the duster and/or blade to a car he owns.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast