autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longest lasting spray wax?

I have tried Griots , Soveran, OCW and the Sonax Speed Wax. The Pinnicle I love the shine. Not sure about durability because I use as a topper. The OCW has pretty good durability I have used on cars at work on the lot and they bead well for about 3 to 4 weeks. The Griots is better then people would think. Goes on nice and easy nice shine. The Sonax I like the slickness and the shine. A little harder on and off. The Sonax is worth the price of the BOGO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buddhadog View Post
    How lond did it bead for you?Thanks!
    My understanding is surface tension plays a greater role in water beading than choice of LSP. How does one acheive greater surface tension? Paint correction of course

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum spray wax and car pro reload get my vote

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned previously, I feel OCW is one of the longest lasting spray waxes out there.

For both OCW and CG hybrid V7, I've sprayed them on the floor accidentally; OCW easily outlasted V7 by an extra 1-2 months. This is purely based on slickness and the likelihood to slip on the floor alone though; so the V7 could still be beading; I didn't test. I was just happy I wasn't prone to slip on that part of the floor anymore haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HellDemon View Post
    As mentioned previously, I feel OCW is one of the longest lasting spray waxes out there.

For both OCW and CG hybrid V7, I've sprayed them on the floor accidentally; OCW easily outlasted V7 by an extra 1-2 months. This is purely based on slickness and the likelihood to slip on the floor alone though; so the V7 could still be beading; I didn't test. I was just happy I wasn't prone to slip on that part of the floor anymore haha
    Would you consider V7 a spray wax? I see it as more of a quick detailer, especially since it "flashes"

Just my opinion though!

The only spray wax I've used is Meg's Quick Wax. Smells great, cheap, applies and buffs off easily, and it noticeably helps gloss and slickness. It does help promote beading, I used it on my old Jeep and the difference was stunning, especially on non-prepped, old, porous paint As of yet, I don't see the need to buy anything else- although OCW has my interest piqued!

I also use Zaino and Tropi-Care quick detailers, as well as the CG V7- I'd put all of these in a different category than spray waxes though.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used quite a few, mainly on my boats but as toppers for our vehicles.

Werkstat lasted the longest in harsh conditions IE boat/water/salt, used as both the lsp and a topper

OCW looked really nice but I had streaking issues with the older version and never really went back. Used only as a topper.

DG 951 aka AquaWax IMO is the easiest and lasts quite well. I use it mainly as a topper after washes on the cars/trucks and on the boats each cleanup after the trip.
    I've not let it get to the point of degrading and the lsp is DG 501 on the same boat.

I personally think you'll be fine with any of these 3, I like DG products for their value and the results, Optimum is a quality product line with great support, werkstat is hard to find and often overlooked.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use FK425 after each wash ( and it's still a great product) but after ALL the waxes & sealants I've bought over the years, I just found out that Pinnacle Sovereign spray wax looks the BEST on my Silver Silverado. Looks very wet & shiny. Just bought a gallon on 10% off & free ship. Makes a cheap/inexpensive QD compared to QD's and a great shine all the time in just 10 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker View Post
    I used to use FK425 after each wash ( and it's still a great product) but after ALL the waxes & sealants I've bought over the years, I just found out that Pinnacle Sovereign spray wax looks the BEST on my Silver Silverado. Looks very wet & shiny. Just bought a gallon on 10% off & free ship. Makes a cheap/inexpensive QD compared to QD's and a great shine all the time in just 10 minutes.

I used to use FK 425 after every wash as well, but I've been using OCW in lieu of FK 425. The look OCW provides on my black Corvette is just plain awesome. I am using OCW as a QD since it's been so easy to use. I have not experienced any issues with streaking that others have noted.

Post Thanks / Like

Jeffs AJT is the longest lasting spray wax I have used.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Spray waxes are so easy to apply and look so good that most guys are using them like detail sprays by applying them after each wash or every other wash. I think therefore the debate about which spray wax lasts longer is an over rated one. Spray waxes are used best as a topper and not as the LSP.
    100% agree. If you want a long lasting spray sealant try ReLoad.
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast