autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best way to clean headliner?

I use Folex, no rinsing or special steps required, simply spray and wipe . What I find interesting and I'm not slamming the idea, people always preach "don't spray the headliner to avoid saturating it" but at the same time people are ok with using steam. Are they not concerned with the temperature of the steam affecting the adhesive? I'm sure it works ok but it's just funny to me!
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    I use Folex, no rinsing or special steps required, simply spray and wipe . What I find interesting and I'm not slamming the idea, people always preach "don't spray the headliner to avoid saturating it" but at the same time people are ok with using steam. Are they not concerned with the temperature of the steam affecting the adhesive? I'm sure it works ok but it's just funny to me!
    I've had this argument with a lot of people. And your right.

I was actually really wary of using steam on the headliners. But tried it a couple times on heavily soiled headliners and it works like a charm. Just keep the steam on the lowest setting and ensure I'm not in one area too long.

I have sprayed the products on the headliner first then wipe. I don't like doing it just because the rest of the vehicle will get the over spray all over it. So, I will spray it on my cloth then wipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    I've had this argument with a lot of people. And your right.

I was actually really wary of using steam on the headliners. But tried it a couple times on heavily soiled headliners and it works like a charm. Just keep the steam on the lowest setting and ensure I'm not in one area too long.

I have sprayed the products on the headliner first then wipe. I don't like doing it just because the rest of the vehicle will get the over spray all over it. So, I will spray it on my cloth then wipe.
    I'm sure it works just fine and to be honest with you if I had a steamer I would use it on the headliner for the exact reason you listed in bold . Even though I start with the headliner (working from top down) I would prefer not spraying Folex everywhere. By the way Jason, nice to see you posting again.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad you asked it, because I was thinking it.

Heck, I have saturated headliners before in have to situations and had no issues - but it isn't something I make a practice of.

Also - I agree - Jason, it's good to see you around.

DLB

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure it works just fine and to be honest with you if I had a steamer I would use it on the headliner for the exact reason you listed in bold . Even though I start with the headliner (working from top down) I would prefer not spraying Folex everywhere. By the way Jason, nice to see you posting again.
    Thanks! It's nice to be back! Reading threads on my phone was getting old! We finally got my computer set up about a month ago. So now on rainy days like today when I can't be outside working, I hang out on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by embolism View Post
    many answers are but a search away

If not too nasty then spray folex on a terry towel and wipe in one direction. Try not to saturate the liner or you risk delamination.
    This is similar to what I do. I use Dri Wash n Guard APC Concentrate, Mixed in a spray bottle. I use a towel or micro fiber,Clean or new. I spray my apc on the rag and rub gentley. This has worked for years,even on smoke film covered head liners. I change the rag frequently also!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12