autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old product new trick

Quote Originally Posted by 93ZF6 View Post
    Are you diluting 1:1? Also did you put on a regular application layer first or just the diluted spray?

I have a half full pair of the Klasse twins as well, spray on seems a great use.

Tx

If you're asking for the wheels, I cleaned the wheels thoroughly with Sonax, and then I treated them with AIO as you normally would (used an old sponge applicator, since there is always brake dust you didn't see tucked into rear crevasses).

After that, I've been washing just with normal car soap when I do the car (sometimes even just dusting them off), then using the diluted SG spray.

Spray solution of SG is 10% (1 ounce of SG in 9 ounces of water). Been working great.
    2007 BMW E93 335i Monaco Blue Metallic / Grey Dakota
    2009 Lexus RX-350 Obsidian Black / Ivory

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old product new trick

I used to do the wowo method with KSG and a very damp MF pad misted with water. After wiping on a section I'd immediately buff it off with one of those deep pile "shamrock" MF towels (those seemed to work best for this method), but with no pressure at all and very fast swipes. It was like a cross between buffing and fanning the surface to get the sealant and water evaporate quickly. Like watching streaks on glass evaporate as you wipe. With just the right amount of water on the pad it was nearly effortless.
    I put LOTS of coats on the car over a few consecutive weekends till it looked like it was dipped in glass. I don't know for sure if they all stayed on (don't see why not) but there would have been about 22 of these coats by the time it was done.

I have since switched to WGDGS and Pinnacle LS (one coat of each) to save time but those KSG coats used to last a L O N G time. Especially after I put a coat of WGDGS on top for the winter.

It was kind of fun to do and I may try it again sometime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123