autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions?

I'm just out of high school and I am focusing on my business in the months before college class starts. I was wondering if anyone has tips or tricks that just put the customer over the top with satisfaction? Any info is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any suggestions?

Probably one of the better tips I have read is to do a walk around with the customer and ask them what problems they want fixed. If you do a 100% correction, but you miss the stain on the carpet that has been driving them nuts, they are not going to be very satisfied. When you return the car, you can start off by showing how you addressed the areas they were concerned about, then lead into all the other things you did as well.
    Detail Fest 2012 Face Book Page
    Club Flex 3401/PE14-2-150
    -Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    Probably one of the better tips I have read is to do a walk around with the customer and ask them what problems they want fixed. If you do a 100% correction, but you miss the stain on the carpet that has been driving them nuts, they are not going to be very satisfied. When you return the car, you can start off by showing how you addressed the areas they were concerned about, then lead into all the other things you did as well.
    Great advice! Also make sure you try to go above and beyond in each detail. It's not always possible but sometimes say checking the air in their tires and filling it if needed is just a little extra that a lot of people really appreciate.

Be friendly and know what you are talking about as much as you can. Don't pretend you know something you don't. If a customer asks you if you have done a certain thing (say an rv this was mine yesterday) tell them you have never done it but are willing to do the research (coming here to ag) and getting as much knowledge as you can. I usually give them a break on the price too if it's something I have never done. Most people are willing to accept that and will take you up on the offer. You get the business and experience at the same time. Just always be cautious cause a mistake can be costly. I broke a battery holder strap on the rv I did and had to buy a new one. No big deal only cost me $7.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SeaJay's View Post
    Great advice! Also make sure you try to go above and beyond in each detail. It's not always possible but sometimes say checking the air in their tires and filling it if needed is just a little extra that a lot of people really appreciate.

Be friendly and know what you are talking about as much as you can. Don't pretend you know something you don't. If a customer asks you if you have done a certain thing (say an rv this was mine yesterday) tell them you have never done it but are willing to do the research (coming here to ag) and getting as much knowledge as you can. I usually give them a break on the price too if it's something I have never done. Most people are willing to accept that and will take you up on the offer. You get the business and experience at the same time. Just always be cautious cause a mistake can be costly. I broke a battery holder strap on the rv I did and had to buy a new one. No big deal only cost me $7.
    In GOD we trust

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RcAutoDetailing View Post
    I'm just out of high school and I am focusing on my business in the months before college class starts. I was wondering if anyone has tips or tricks that just put the customer over the top with satisfaction? Any info is appreciated.
    Be polite

Arrive 5-10 minutes early

Deleiver on time

Address everyone as Mr or Mrs

Clean up your mess (if your mobile)

Always tell them how much you appreciate their support

Christmas/Hanukkuah and thank you cards never hurt either
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyGT View Post
    If you do a 100% correction, but you miss the stain on the carpet that has been driving them nuts, they are not going to be very satisfied.
    I believe most (more than 50% if you are after the typical population) detailer's customers are swirl blind (&#169 to some extent so the interior clean is very important!
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all the advice.

I was recently asked to do a full out detail basically on just the rims of one of my friends trucks. I posted something early but was confused. The problem I see on them is that they are greasy and have break dust stuck on. So I need some more advice, please :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RcAutoDetailing View Post
    Thank you for all the advice.

I was recently asked to do a full out detail basically on just the rims of one of my friends trucks. I posted something early but was confused. The problem I see on them is that they are greasy and have break dust stuck on. So I need some more advice, please :-)
    You would get more responses if you make another thread for the wheels
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”