autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Taking off Dealers Sticker

I don't see why anyone would give them free advertisement, or why they think we should?
    Well, it isn't exactly "free advertisement" if the dealership is doing a good job. Specialty cars are one thing, but DD's and your average car? Usually my customers will leave my sticker on the back to indicate to others that we took care of them.

Granted, my sticker isn't a big obnoxious decal that fills the shoe tailgate... So there is that.
    I see swirls everywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishincricket View Post
    Well, it isn't exactly "free advertisement" if the dealership is doing a good job. Specialty cars are one thing, but DD's and your average car? Usually my customers will leave my sticker on the back to indicate to others that we took care of them.

Granted, my sticker isn't a big obnoxious decal that fills the shoe tailgate... So there is that.

I tell them thesme thing no dealer things on my vehicles. If you give me a good deal I will spread by word of mouth. So the local newspaer and radio station let you advertise on the sites for free?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in california I don't see any cars with add on badges or emblems installed by the dealers. CarMax is the only company that will put "CarMax" letter stickers on the cars they sell. Two things I remove when I buy a car are the dealer license plate frame and tag.
    Sent from my SPH-D700 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog shine View Post
    I tell them thesme thing no dealer things on my vehicles. If you give me a good deal I will spread by word of mouth. So the local newspaer and radio station let you advertise on the sites for free?
    Yes, we pay them $1000 a month for a bottle of dasani water and they advertise for us for free.

Silly.

I've never made an issue of the buyer who requests that I remove the sticker, it just doesn't happen often.. I guess because I don't rape them?

I think it's only fair to point out that these folks that throw a fit about "not advertising for the dealer" are usually the same people who grind you for hours/ days for a better deal, lie to you about pricing elsewhere, purposefully mislead you about the condition of their trade in or what it was valued at elsewhere, refuse to put down a deposit when they are insisting on $1000 of upfits being added to the car, will threaten to drive 250+ miles to save $200 on the price of the ($50k plus) car, will buy the car elsewhere and then call GM and complain because I wouldn't program their memory functions for them because "the salesman we bought it from 250 miles away was too busy and we had been on the road all day..."

The nerve.

These people tend to be the least happy in life and I feel sad for them. And yes, when they ask me to remove my sticker I happily do so, knowing the obnoxious fit I am avoiding by doing so.

Anecdote:

I went on an all inclusive vacation resently. We paid for an excursion outside the resort, a hike up a waterfall in Jamaica. It was upfront info that the guides work for tips. We were also video taped during our climb and the DVD was offered to us on the bus after the trip. The asking price was (an outrageous) $40!

One of the customers in the front of the bus immediately threw a fit about the tip she gave, the price of the DVD, and the fact that the locals think we Americans are stupid. She ended her rant by offering the young man $1. He was kind enough to simply reply "no thank you, I'd need to have $25 minimum.."

She blew up again, citing the potential cost of a blank DVD, etc.. She then upped her offer to $1.50.

At this point a gentleman behind her stood up, opened his wallet and got out a $20 and handed it to the young man, stating that "She obviously needs the money more than you do, son.. Take this grouch's $1.50 plus this $20 and let us get going, please?"

I observed those two couples for the rest of our vacation. Anyone wanna take a guess at which one of those customers enjoyed their vacation and which one could routinely be found at the service desk throwing a fit about some piddley ignorance?

And which one of those people do you wanna be?

Post Thanks / Like

I do not throw a fit about it but it is my car and if you want to advertise on it pay me for it. I only had one dealer not want to do it and that was years ago. I walked away and bought from another dealer. Because I remember when I was young and my Dad bought cars from the same dealer all his life. The dealer told my Dad if I give you a good deal and treat you right you will be my best advertisement money can buy. I do not need to put stickers and plates all over the vehicle. He never did as long as he owned the dealership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
    Each time I bought a new car I told the guy that if there's a sticker on it when I get here I won't take delivery of it.

I got some funny looks, but no stickers.

I don't see why anyone would give them free advertisement, or why they think we should.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
    Each time I bought a new car I told the guy that if there's a sticker on it when I get here I won't take delivery of it.

I got some funny looks, but no stickers.

I don't see why anyone would give them free advertisement, or why they think we should.

What is even worse is when the dealer does not ask if you want the front license plate bracket put on the car. I'm in Indiana and thankfully we don't have to have front plates. It seems like the first thing they want to do when that car comes in is run some self tapping screws in that nice new front bumper.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, our state requires it and I never understand why you'd built a painted panel with the intention of cutting nasty holes in it!! :face_palm:

Post Thanks / Like

Ok fellow geeks I have a slightly different problem. My wife's '98 civic symbol fell off and before I put on a new one I need to remove the old glue. I've tried goo gone with no luck, I detail by hand (for now) and was able to get most of it off with a ultra fine polish. What pad/polish combo would y'all recommend when I get my DA. Or is there another chemical, OTC or here that could be recommended? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Rotary erasers work well for that situation.... Just attach it to a drill and go at it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast