autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sprayer Idea for Meguiar's Wheel Brightener

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    really? dude i bought a bunch of those on BOGO and they are terrible. i had to fix them, all of them - http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ers-alert.html, and then they still were disappointing. i have them all sitting in a box.

No joke, mine didnt come from AG. It is a Tolco brand which the AG one also appears to be. I have had great luck with it.

Super Member Wills.WindowsAndWheels's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildjyoung View Post
    Meguiar's wheel brightener is known to eat spray bottles. I went to Home Depot and purchased the spray bottle in the link below. I took it apart the best I could and it appears it does not have any seals or anything that would break down. At $6.98 I figured it could not hurt to try. I will be testing it at the 4:1 dilution.

RL Flo-Master 4-Pint Hand Sprayer - 56HD at The Home Depot
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Fats View Post
    Already tried it with a similar product from lowes.... it lasted two uses with a week or less time on it then the pumping mechanism failed and the pressurized chemicals foam out the top... failed with megs apc also

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMiles View Post
    Been using the same thing for WB for over a year. No problems with it at all. Just make sure to release the pressure once you finish the job. I have 3 of them. 1 with WB, 1 with APC+, and the other with ONR at clay bar dilution. They make it easier to lay down product on wheels, paint, doorjams, and carpets.

Looks to me like the HD ones must be better than the Lowes ones (which is USUALLY the case in my experience with the 2 stores). For whatever reason HD seems to have better quality stuff in MOST cases.

I too bought 3 of the sprayers from HD...i use one for APC, one for APC+ and one for Degreaser (all Megs and all 4:1 roughly). My stuff is stored OUTSIDE (NO room inside unfortunately)...all in detail bags to keep them clean etc...and gets shade most of the day, but nevertheless outside...and so far ive had no problems. They are a breeze to use..just release the pressure when you are done. I love the APC for tires and interior...APC+ on carpets...and degreaser on engines ...it does save time and no hand cramps when covering an engine w/degreaser anymore lol.

I think you'll like em...just don't over fill them...and like someone else said...they will foam up when you pour your chemicals in...what i do is i do my ratio mix in a 32oz bottle...let the foam die down and then put it into the big sprayer...then there's no problems
    Wills - Windows & Wheels Auto Detailing Detailing LLC
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "Zep" branded spray bottles at Home Depot seem to be pretty good also. Do not get the cheap 99˘ Home Depot branded ones. They will not spray anything at all that is any thicker than water...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brentvelo View Post
    The "Zep" branded spray bottles at Home Depot seem to be pretty good also. Do not get the cheap 99˘ Home Depot branded ones. They will not spray anything at all that is any thicker than water...
    Ive used the HD bottles for dressings and cleaners with no problem whatsoever. I've seen a lot of other people on here also have good results. I guess everyones experience differs.
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. I bought the cheap Home Depot branded bottles and they were horrible. 3 out of the 4 i purchased wouldn't spray a thicker than water leather cleaner. I went back and got the Zep branded ones and they work great so far and spray quite a bit of product with just one squeeze....so far so good.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the sprayer for a few weeks now and so far it is going well without issue.

By the way, not to change the subject but going back to a former post in the thread. Is the only difference between Meguiars APC and APC+ the orange fragrance?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildjyoung View Post
    I have been using the sprayer for a few weeks now and so far it is going well without issue.

By the way, not to change the subject but going back to a former post in the thread. Is the only difference between Meguiars APC and APC+ the orange fragrance?

No...APC+ is stronger than APC. I like APC for tires and interiors (seats/dash/door panels etc) but i like APC+ for carpets cause they usually need that extra 'oomph'. APC also works well on bugs...as it is gentle enough to use on paint, plus it 'suds' up more.
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

try a wd 40 sprayer

Post Thanks / Like

What about the Megs sprayers? Anyone try them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bodezafa View Post
    What about the Megs sprayers? Anyone try them?

I got one sent to me from someone...i like them but they are kinda pricey and i cant speak for how they work with chemicals like apc etc...i have one for Hyperdressing and all seasons dressing...so nothing harsh...nice triggers though
    www.WindowsAndWheels.com
    'Like' Us On Facebook

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast