autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What not to do when detailing a car!

This is great Maxima Mom. I'm glad you are having a great time detailing your vehicles and learning how to use the products "Practice Makes Perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Love it, I can personally confirm that #1 and #3 are closely related.
    Bret Sovine
    Tropical Reflections Detailing
    bret@tropicalreflectionsdetailing.com

Mike Phillips

Moved from Hot Topics to Tips and Techniques...

Post Thanks / Like

When you've been working in the heat all day.
    You're worn out.
    Exhausted.

Don't place open car care products next to your soft drink/bottle of water.

Just don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's one I'm sure you'll enjoy......
    Do not, I repeat, Do Not, set your buffer on the ground when you have your dog tied up anywhere near where your working. Why? Well, after successfully buffing out a section of a car, I laid the buffer upside down on the ground while I went in the house to get something to drink. While in the house, I heard these loud, strange sound coming from the garage. I quickly ran out to see what it was and was very surprized to see that my dog has somehow got his leash entangled around the buffer in such a way that the leash was holding the trigger down. The pad that I had on the buffer was no where in sight, the backing plate spinning like crazy at a level 5, while my poor dog was doing everything he can do to get away from this "Dog eating buffer". Because the buffer was entangled in his leash, no matter what he did, the buffer was sure to follow. I couldn't get anywhere near the dog or the buffer because the dog was running around like a scared rabbit. I finally decided to unplug the buffer from the extension cord to shut it off. My dog finally stopped going crazy, but still panting and shaking like jello on a foot massager. My buffer? Well it did survive, but is showing a few new battle wounds. The question is, how do I buff out all the new scratches on my buffer????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1700 View Post
    Here's one I'm sure you'll enjoy......
    Do not, I repeat, Do Not, set your buffer on the ground when you have your dog tied up anywhere near where your working. Why? Well, after successfully buffing out a section of a car, I laid the buffer upside down on the ground while I went in the house to get something to drink. While in the house, I heard these loud, strange sound coming from the garage. I quickly ran out to see what it was and was very surprized to see that my dog has somehow got his leash entangled around the buffer in such a way that the leash was holding the trigger down. The pad that I had on the buffer was no where in sight, the backing plate spinning like crazy at a level 5, while my poor dog was doing everything he can do to get away from this "Dog eating buffer". Because the buffer was entangled in his leash, no matter what he did, the buffer was sure to follow. I couldn't get anywhere near the dog or the buffer because the dog was running around like a scared rabbit. I finally decided to unplug the buffer from the extension cord to shut it off. My dog finally stopped going crazy, but still panting and shaking like jello on a foot massager. My buffer? Well it did survive, but is showing a few new battle wounds. The question is, how do I buff out all the new scratches on my buffer????

Haha thats hilarious!

PETA, he is only joking....that did not happen!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kronos View Post

Now I'm a little tipsy and as I was cutting a piece...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fly bye View Post

I knew better, but with a couple of boo's in my system, my better judgement goes out the window!
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tfullercdi View Post
    Haha thats hilarious!

PETA, he is only joking....that did not happen!
    Sad to say...... it did happen, just the other day! Oh, I did end up finding my Pad..... It was located on top of a cabinet clear on the other side of my garage. My dog, well, he has settled down but for some reason won't get anywhere near my buffer. I wonder why???

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Maxima Dad, you're lucky Maxima Mom even helped! I couldn't get Mrs. JimmyJam to even watch me refill my lil 8oz bottles with product...lol
    I don't want it to look wet, I want it to look Soaked!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast