I’m typically one who always does the tall roofs on any vehicle. Honestly (unless the customer request) I consider those who skip that area a HACK detailer. That being said.....

Roof areas are certainly a challenge along with being a safety concern. Typically you are on a platform or ladder of sorts.

I invested in some nice work platforms years back that have paid for themselves a bunch of times over as I typically get a lot of SUV or pick-up details.

Now let’s get to the meat of this post...... I find myself EXCLUSIVELY using a cordless machine to do all polishing/compounding/waxing on roofs. I just find the extra time spent polishing using a cordless machine over a faster more powerful corded machine is worth the added safety from not tripping over a cord. . It’s so much less straining than dealing with a cord up high on a work platform. Also it’s nice not having to worry about a cord marring the paint below.

I know some of you may consider the cordless polishers just a luxury or an added expense. But for those who detail for a business, consider the safety aspect... if you get hurt, you can’t work.