autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drying Wet Interior

Quote Originally Posted by majsmith View Post
    Best cure for the Northstar is ditch it and get a Blackwing !!
    Yea good luck. What’d they produce maybe 2000 at its height and 200 per year in the end? It’s already gotten to point where some owners are ditching the car already because in just a few years it’ll be next to impossible to buy replacement parts rendering the car a totaled if god forbid a crucial component needs replacing and it happens to be made of unobtainium.

They’re predicting the Blackwing will be a worse nightmare than the Cadillac XLR which a simple tailight replacement can cost upwards of $6,000 dollars per lens cover. Good luck with that. Lol.

I was talking to a guy who just sold his Blackwing for that very same reason. It’s a great car but he knew if it broke it could very well be totaled so he sold it while it’s still hot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Yea good luck. What’d they produce maybe 2000 at its height and 200 per year in the end? It’s already gotten to point where some owners are ditching the car already because in just a few years it’ll be next to impossible to buy replacement parts rendering the car a totaled if god forbid a crucial component needs replacing and it happens to be made of unobtainium.

They’re predicting the Blackwing will be a worse nightmare than the Cadillac XLR which a simple tailight replacement can cost upwards of $6,000 dollars per lens cover. Good luck with that. Lol.

I was talking to a guy who just sold his Blackwing for that very same reason. It’s a great car but he knew if it broke it could very well be totaled so he sold it while it’s still hot.
    That black wing will only go up in value… nice XLR’s are 50-80. Just gotta be careful I guess. If it’s a daily I would sell it but if it was a second toy car it’s a nice investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    That black wing will only go up in value… nice XLR’s are 50-80. Just gotta be careful I guess. If it’s a daily I would sell it but if it was a second toy car it’s a nice investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This pretty much sums up the dilemma with owning an XLR.

And that’s given the fairly substantial number of about 15,000 total XLR’s that were produced throughout its 6yr. run compared to what, maybe 2-3,000 Cadillac Blackwings? Also keep in mind all Blackwings aren’t the same model car, which narrows things down even more.

Imagine having arguably the most beastly horsepowered ICE engine ever conceived but regulating it to be a garage queen? Or drive the hell out of it and break something that renders the car basically totaled because you can’t find parts you need to replace. It’s crazy.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I want to get a couple of these.Drying Wet Interior-s-l1600-jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12