I have a buddy that has a black 1995 Porsche 993 Coupe. The clear coat is going on the front passenger fender, the gas cap cover and part of the roof. It is in desperate need of a thorough paint correction. That said, I am reluctant to do much more that wash it for fear that the clear coat failure will look even worse. Thankfully, for now it just looks as if it was polished off (my chevy truck clear coat is peeling horribly, the Porsche looks nothing like it). I suspect that a hand coat of wax won't impact the clear, even a light polish, as opposed to compound, might work. Any suggestions? I follow the adage, "start with the least aggressive" product and process. I have all of the Rupes chemicals, HD Speed, Optimum Spray Compound and Spray Polish. I also have a few other products that I just can't recall right now. Any suggestions? I want to get it as good as it can be, without doing further damage. Thanks, Phil

ps I will add photos later today. It is currently covered in dust and some mud. My buddy drove it out to the Coachella Music Festival last weekend. Not exactly a "clean" environment.