autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any CarPro Essence Tips?

I like using Rupes yellow pads with Essence, and as someone mentioned earlier I find that Essence works better with a heavier polishing pad. My process is spread over your working area, 2 passes @ 3.5 - 4 (Rupes) then back it off to 3 for 1 or 2 passes. You do want to heat it up some to break it down, however it should wipe off nice and easy. Is this for your car or the hubbies new car.

I was just using Essence to finish up the polishing on this one last night.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm using it on my car, but maybe his as well... depending on the results.
    Alos, I don't have a big Rupes, only the Mini, so I will be using the Flex of the majority of my work.

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    I like using Rupes yellow pads with Essence, and as someone mentioned earlier I find that Essence works better with a heavier polishing pad. My process is spread over your working area, 2 passes @ 3.5 - 4 (Rupes) then back it off to 3 for 1 or 2 passes. You do want to heat it up some to break it down, however it should wipe off nice and easy. Is this for your car or the hubbies new car.

I was just using Essence to finish up the polishing on this one last night.

2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on an M3 now which apparently hates essence. Hah! It's a super hard paint and it's a pain to get residue off. I've switched to a MF cutting pad and doing one pass with pretty quick arm speed and that seems to work, mostly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suke View Post
    I'm working on an M3 now which apparently hates essence. Hah! It's a super hard paint and it's a pain to get residue off. I've switched to a MF cutting pad and doing one pass with pretty quick arm speed and that seems to work, mostly.

I have used Essence on quite a few M3's with no issues. Perhaps your using too much product? You want to use very little product with Essence.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Essence on quite a few M3's with no issues. Perhaps your using too much product? You want to use very little product with Essence.
    I've tried just about every variable. I tried that on just a finishing pad completely clean and didn't even prime it to see if that was it. No real change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I'm using it on my car, but maybe his as well... depending on the results.
    Alos, I don't have a big Rupes, only the Mini, so I will be using the Flex of the majority of my work.
    Monica,

I played around with it last weekend for the first time. I used my Duetto and a LC Orange pad. Did 4-5 passes letting the Rupes do the work. Gloss was exceptional, correction not so much. It looked great but you could still see little micro scratches that it didn't remove. Removal was pretty easy but no where near HD Speed easy. Their were a couple spots that were stubborn so I buffed them again and then wiped it off.

My personal take is it won't be the product I reach for first.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I did an m3 about 2 months ago, it was black and I was able to do 4 passes per section, boss MF cutting pad and speed 4 with easy wipe off, I was in the sun as well. I just used 3 dime drops on the pad

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    I did an m3 about 2 months ago, it was black and I was able to do 4 passes per section, boss MF cutting pad and speed 4 with easy wipe off, I was in the sun as well. I just used 3 dime drops on the pad

Wow! That's impressive. I'm using a megs MF cutting pad. Primed it pretty good then 4 small drops. Guess I'll try less. Also going pretty slow speed as the previous cars I've done didn't like higher speeds. I'm still fairly new to essence. I've only done a handful of cars. Guess I'll try some more variables. How was your arm speed? With the MF pad I've found I had to be pretty quick with my arm speed on my flex.

9. Likes NorCal01 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm, I'd say moderate arm speed, and speed 4 on any machine really my GG6, flex 3401 or my long throws. It was my go to but I noticed it didn't do so well in the long run but I think that's more due to my desert environment

Post Thanks / Like

So I took a break ate lunch.....came back out snagged my finishing pad which at this point had basically enough on it to consider a light prime.....2 SMALL dots instead of my 4, bumped speed up to 4 and I can work it all day long and it comes right off. You're my savior!! I was using WAYYYYYY to much. I did notice before it never really seemed to "flash" and the more I worked it the harder it was to get off.

Arm speed is also now my normal moderate speed on my flex.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast