autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best way to use Essence?

Less is more. Less product and less buffing. Essence is a money and time saver. Microfiber pads are my go to with Essence. Foam just spreads it differently. The microfiber uses the cutting power of Essence better, imho.

Post Thanks / Like

I used Essence two weeks ago with the polishing LC HD pads (orange) on a GG Boss 21 at speed 3 to 5 (starting at five and finishing at three) using the 5inch pads after watching the video linked below. I primed the pad with Essence as they were new and only used 2 small pea sized dots as needed (after each panel basicly). In total I used 5, 5inch pads and 4, 4inch pads (4inch pads were used on PC7424xp at speed 4-5).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48OL5Egs6Bw

Essence seems to perform better with a medium cut pad (maybe the pad is cutting into the filled areas).

Tip: I shook the heck out of the Essence polish each time I applied more to the pads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I've never used any of their products without issues requiring lots of practice to get right. Just my two cents. Their products are almost impossible to get right the first time. Once dialed in it may be great but I'd never recommend their stuff for first timers or for those that don't have several cars to practice on.
    Hmmm.. re "any of their products" for Car Pro; I have found, Iron-X, Cerris Glass, a number of their pads and Reflect to be idiot proof (i was a good test for that).... so IME not "all" present any real challenges... Almost all my vehicles have been European though so i have been generally working on the middle to harder end of the paint spectrum....

Post Thanks / Like

I just used essence for the first time as well and had mixed results. Car was a metallic blue Honda Accord.

Rupes 15 with buff and shine microfiber finishing pad.
    Prime pad lightly then 4 pea sized drops.
    Speed 5 for 3 passes.
    Switch to a cool pad after every section pass (I rotated 6 pads and blew them out with compressed air after every pass)

I would say I got about 80% correction with this, then I coated with PBL paint coating. Results were very nice. I ended up ordering more essence over the weekend.

I found that if you don't wipe off the residue immediately you are going to have a problem. I'm guessing it's the coating property of the polish. Don't let this stuff longer on the paint!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cherry on Top Auto Detailing, Fishkill NY

https://www.facebook.com/CherryOnTopDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I did 2 cars Toyotas and treated essence like reflect and wiped it off after the panel was done and it was easy
    And I thought it left a good shine great gloss I would recommend essence to a friend

Post Thanks / Like

I looks to me like Essence is more like a Glaze/Coating combo than an actual AIO polish in the way it should be used. So basically you want to spread it around really well so it can fill all the pores of the paint, then remove it before it has a chance to dry. I have some microfiber pads somewhere but not sure where I did not like using them when I purchased them a few years back because at the time I did not have a pad washer nor a compressor and cleaning them with a brush or microfiber towel wasn't working at all for me.

I still don't have compressed air but I do have a pad washer, so maybe I could try again and see if I like them. I am a big fan of foam so I doubt I will enjoy them, I am afraid they will damage paint if they get dirty and know they can finish pretty badly in some cases...

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly when I didn't like reflect and will never buy essence. Who wants to have to do this and that, and this and that, then finally this to get a product to work.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

You guys....

I used essence the other day with scholl's honey pad, worked great, I use it with MF cutting pad, worked great, white polishing pad-great, orange- no problem, worked it long time still wiped off easy, worked it short-wiped off easy., add more product and keep working it on spider webbing, it fills it with each application. I use it under any coating, works great....

I have a CP wool pad coming in from PBM and will try it with that next.

Its my fav. product of the decade...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ekennett View Post
    I just used essence for the first time as well and had mixed results. Car was a metallic blue Honda Accord.

Rupes 15 with buff and shine microfiber finishing pad.
    Prime pad lightly then 4 pea sized drops.
    Speed 5 for 3 passes.
    Switch to a cool pad after every section pass (I rotated 6 pads and blew them out with compressed air after every pass)

I would say I got about 80% correction with this, then I coated with PBL paint coating. Results were very nice. I ended up ordering more essence over the weekend.

I found that if you don't wipe off the residue immediately you are going to have a problem. I'm guessing it's the coating property of the polish. Don't let this stuff longer on the paint!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sometimes there will be a white haze from dry product that is hard to wipe off, as you finish your cycle just polish it again and it disappears and wipes off like butter. If you get a lot of that your speed setting is too high.

Post Thanks / Like

I used carpro's gloss pads with no problemsBest way to use Essence?-imageuploadedbyagonline1466122041-123856-jpg
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast