autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Swirl Remover 2.0 and HD poxy sealant and wax

Hey just a question about sealing the car after I use the swirl remover 2.0. Can I use the HD Poxy sealant and wax, or should I go with a separate sealant and then a wax like Collonite 845. It's a black 2011 Accord.
    Thanks!
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Swirl Remover 2.0 and HD poxy sealant and wax

After you're finished with the polishing step, you can definitely top your accord with HD proxy. As far as topping a separate sealant and wax, that's more subjective and more on personal preference. I usually use Bfwd or dgps as an LSP and that's it. I enjoy the characteristics of those two products by themselves.

On another note, I've never used HD poxy but it's definitely on my list to try products just based on forum reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Typically waxes can go on after a polish without a wipedown with IPA or paint prep.

If you go with a 100% sealant you might get better longevity with a wipedown after polishing, depends if you keep it in the family amongst other criteria.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly it's your choice. You can use Poxy which is a sealant and wax combo. I like it and think it provides great protection. If you use a sealant, something like BFCS, there is no need to top it unless you just want to top it. If you use 845, it will provide great protection by itself. Just remember, if you go with stand alone sealant then wax, put the sealant on first then apply the wax.
    MK7 GTI (stage 3-500whp) / Audi B8.5 S4 (dual pulley-430awhp) / Mercedes C43 AMG (JB4-380awhp)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so after polishing I could just put on a straight wax like the 845 and not worry about going over it with a stand alone sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcglockin View Post
    Ok so after polishing I could just put on a straight wax like the 845 and not worry about going over it with a stand alone sealant?
    A sealant doesnt bond or stick to a wax. To be honest people only use a wax that enjoy rubbing their paint down. Sealants are easier to use and generally look better for longer. Some waxes stain black trim as well.

I would like to try the wolfgang sealant, people love it.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, thanks! And yes I'm new to the sealant world. Do you suggest putting ironx or something similar on it before claying since this will be the first time in a long time the car has been done?

Post Thanks / Like

Only you can decide the steps the car needs. I find where I live, ironx on my car does virtually nothing but I dont live near rails of any type nor do I work near them. You couldve saved some time using HD Speed, I think its a phenomenal product, so much so it will take a lot of convincing to replace it as a one step.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mcglockin View Post
    Hey just a question about sealing the car after I use the swirl remover 2.0. Can I use the HD Poxy sealant and wax, or should I go with a separate sealant and then a wax like Collonite 845. It's a black 2011 Accord.
    Thanks!
    Matt
    Have you done the vehicle yet? Couple thoughts as there are a number of ways to accomplish your goal. Swirl 2.0 from Megs? would work. Then you could use HD Poxy which is a hybrid product containing sealant and Montan Wax. Great stuff. I would say that is more than enough. No need to apply anything over Poxy.

That said you could use Collonite 845 as the LSP. Works great. I mainly use it during the winter here in Ohio over top of my sealant. Mainly due to it's long lasting ability against Ohio muck. IMO it's very good but my money is on Poxy for providing a better gloss/appearance.

Lastly, I would honestly recommend HDSpeed with a green pad and call it a day. It's a great swirl remover and polishes to a finer level than Swirl 2.0 It also contains a smaller amount of Poxy thus making it an All in One (AIO) Product. I personally would put a second quick coat of pure Poxy over it and definitely call it a day as it will look spectacular.

That's my two cents on a couple ways to get what you want.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much! Advice taken!