autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Handiest little picture viewer tool I've been using for years now...

Quote Originally Posted by y8s View Post
    I'm a big fan of Picasa along with Picasa Web Albums (aka now Google Plus Photos). You get a free computer program that handles many common editing needs (resizing, cropping, color, exposure, funky effects, etc) as well as UNLIMITED FREE online storage for photos 2048 pixels x 2048 pixels or smaller. This also has a viewer that does fast slideshows.

And as a bonus, there's an online editor called Creative Kit (formerly Picnic) that does a lot of the same stuff--for editing on the fly.

If you need higher resolution and more storage, you can buy it through google and share it with the rest of your google features.

Matt
    Appreciate the info, but I simply don't know much about any of what you mentioned. I'm fairly new at working with photo's and I was just trying to use something that Mr. Phillips uses everyday in hopes that it would make life easier for me.

So many programs to be used and its tough to know what to do. I would think MS Office 2007 would have a way that's easy to work with photos and still be able to work with this forum.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post

I was just trying to use something that Mr. Phillips uses everyday in hopes that it would make life easier for me.

Hey Bill,

Look at the screen shots I just took and created this thread with...

Editor view of BB code behind multiple pictures

Shows you a few things that should help...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Hey Bill,

Look at the screen shots I just took and created this thread with...

Editor view of BB code behind multiple pictures

Shows you a few things that should help...

Yeah...that helped. Right after we got off of the phone together I found one of your posts, like you said to do, with a good number of pictures in it and hit the quote button, then the editor button and was able to see the number and the code. That will certainly make uploading photo's faster.

Now I just have to somehow download LViewPro without it damaging my computer and then figure how how that editor mode works for text to increase speed rather than copying and pasting the beginning and ending tags for each section of text I wish to quote. I'm using IE (don't recall which version but my computer is a 2007 HP and I'm sure I've only missing one of two update versions which should still work) but for text editor mode just provides a bigger font. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

For others reading, it's not that I can't upload pictures, or multi-quote text, I'm simply trying to figure out a much faster way of doing it.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

For others reading, it's not that I can't upload pictures, or multi-quote text, I'm simply trying to figure out a much faster way of doing it.

Exactly....

I have a need for speed...

Post Thanks / Like

An alternative program, one which I've used for years, is IrfanView. It's freeware, frequently updated, fast, easy to use, has a thumbnail mode for quick browsing and comparison of images, supports the most common image operations (cropping, lossless rotation, basic edits for brightness, contrast and color, etc), and also allows for batch processing (renaming, resizing, editing) of multiple pictures.
    Francis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Hi Matt,

I like and use Picasa for a number of things but not as my preferred default image viewer. I like a much simpler piece of software for simple tasks is the reason why and that's just me.

I also like Easy Thumbnails for resizing because I trust it not to distort my pictures. I'm sure Picasa wouldn't do this either but now that I have a system in place that works for me it's easier not to change.

Picasa is great for searching your hard drive and finding pictures you have no clue where you saved them to. I use it for this feature all the time, especially on my antique Dell Laptop with thousands of car pictures I've worked on over the years...

Haha I put the kibosh on the "search everywhere for everything" function and limit it to specific folders where I store relevant pictures.

But one really great feature that picasa web albums does have that even you'd appreciate is the ability to edit part of the picture's URL to change the size.

The URL looks like this:
    Code:
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WSIGihWGgo8/UJ7H_sKXYmI/AAAAAAAAQAg/u8ynPlIoBBQ/s640/DSC_6306.JPG
    I bolded the relevant value. Just change it to the photo's longest dimension that you want and voila, instant resize and thumbnails!

50 pixels

The Mike Phillips Special (800)

Original size:
    (well you get the idea)

Mike Phillips

Haha I put the kibosh on the "search everywhere for everything" function and limit it to specific folders where I store relevant pictures.
    Yeah that can be a time-consuming mistake and I've done the same for all my computers.

But one really great feature that picasa web albums does have that even you'd appreciate is the ability to edit part of the picture's URL to change the size.

The URL looks like this:

Code:
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-WSIGihWGgo8/UJ7H_sKXYmI/AAAAAAAAQAg/u8ynPlIoBBQ/s640/DSC_6306.JPG

That is a nice feature...

Post Thanks / Like

The URL looks like this:
    Code:
    I bolded the relevant value. Just change it to the photo's longest dimension that you want and voila, instant resize and thumbnails!

For others reading:

If you're trying to figure out where the "bold relevant value" is that y8s mentioned, and and you are just looking at a quote that appears like any other quote...thinking it's just a picture of a slide bar...I discovered you can move the slide bar in y8s post, or the quote above, if you put your pointer on the slide bar, left click and hold, then slide your pointer left or right.

Slide the bar to the right and you see 640 in bold.

EDIT:

Quote y8s's post with pictures, expand the typing box and click editor mode and you can see the code change for each size of picture.
    Bill

Mike Phillips

I discovered you can move the slide bar in y8s post, or the quote above, if you put your pointer on the slide bar, left click and hold, then slide your pointer left or right.

Slide the bar to the right and you see 640 in bold.

Pretty cool.

I've never seen the [CODE] tag used on vBulletin before, just goes to show you can always learn something new if you're willing to learn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12