autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Leverage Craigslist For Your Detailing Business

One resource I forgot to mention is where you can find templates. I like freetemplatesonline.com for that. There are a a million different templates that are easy to modify. The key to this strategy is the text in your ad. If you don't have words for Google to see, then you won't get the search hits. Just uploading pictures won't do you any good at all. It might make you stand out from others who just put text up, but someone who uploads a big image of their services is just like someone who just uploads text. It is a good idea, but poorly executed. Find a good template that you can edit and you'll get much better results.
    .....www.OCDetails.com.....
    Obessive Compulsive Details
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Copyright © OCDetails.com All Rights Reserved

Post Thanks / Like

If you do upload photos to use, use the alt tag to describe what the photo is about, and also include your business name as that will help with the search words found by Google or Yahoo.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good info! Thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few websites out there with great lists for SEO website building. alt tags is definitely one of them. Do a google search for "golden rules of SEO" and you'll get some great advice. I need to take pretty much all of it myself. lol My OCDetails website is anything BUT optimized. In fact, less than 30% of my traffic comes from Google, unfortunately. Yahoo and MSN have different standards and that is where most of my traffic comes from when it comes to search engines. Since Google eats Craigslist ads up for breakfast, you definitely want your ad to be as optimized as possible. That may be a topic for another article.
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, one other thing I would recommend if you can manage it. This is something I'm going to change on the example I linked you to when I have a little bit of time to do it. If you use a design like the one I'm using, then when you have links to pictures I would recommend you have them open in new windows or as pop ups. Especially if you are showing before/after pictures. That way they don't have to keep clicking back. I'm going to change the code in mine so that if someone wants to just cut and paste HTML and then change the graphics, then it is all set and coded for them. If you are doing something custom, then just don't forget to change the target so it opens in a new screen.
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by OCDetails View Post
    Oh, one other thing I would recommend if you can manage it. This is something I'm going to change on the example I linked you to when I have a little bit of time to do it. If you use a design like the one I'm using, then when you have links to pictures I would recommend you have them open in new windows or as pop ups. Especially if you are showing before/after pictures. That way they don't have to keep clicking back. I'm going to change the code in mine so that if someone wants to just cut and paste HTML and then change the graphics, then it is all set and coded for them. If you are doing something custom, then just don't forget to change the target so it opens in a new screen.

I think the html code for forcing a new window to open looks like this,

target=_blank>

This would go after the " mark at the end of an URL address when using the href tag

<A href="www.URL ADDRESS Goes Here.html" target=_blank>

(Any Code Monkey's feel free to correct)

Anthony's suggestion is a very good one because it means your customer/reader is never closing or leaving the page they're on, (your valuable page), but will instead open a new page that is also your page. You want them to have your pages in multiple windows, not surfing away to new pages and losing previous pages.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got it opening in a new page right now, but I'm thinking about making it a scaled popup that just contains the image so they can see both images on the same screen. I just need to go back through and edit the code for the popup. I've not done it so far because I know that pop up blockers could shut me down and I don't want that. So for now it is just another window.

An important rule for any website is that you never want them to leave your site. If you have a link to a product or service or whatever, then that link MUST open in a new page so they don't actually leave your site. They may browse 50 pages on the new site and you don't want them to have to go back 50 times or try to find your link. People want their web surfing to be as easy as possible, so find ways to make it so.
    a.k.a. Jngrbrdman

Post Thanks / Like

Check this out Dug
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome post! I see that it's old but the first time I've seen it. Very useful
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Post Thanks / Like

I spent a few hours working on a flyer yesterday uploaded it to photobucket and tried posting the html to craiglist. Only to find out craiglist i guess doesnt allow html code any more F M L... lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast