autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang DGPS question

For Wolfgang DGPS, it says to let cure for 12 hours. It's not necessary to wait 24 hours then, right? THanks in advance! I like these new smileys!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was told it should cure for at least 12 hours. I usually wait 24 hours. Some people have said the product is not that durable. I think the durability factor might relate to the cure time. I have found the product to be quite durable and it looks great. It's one of my favorite products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it on my wife's van after polishing with 106. I know that it cured for at least 10 hours in the daylight since I did it in the morning. I got 3 months visible durability out of it. Pretty nice looks too.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    most sealants should see 8-12 hours of curing outside of water when possible. It is for the best durability. That said, I have topped several after 4 hours with no issues personally. Got do as time permits !

Scott

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New Car Advice

Don't do a lot of detailing other than the "garage queen" I have all the pinnacle product line and like the Klasse twins. Need advive on how to proceed on a new car (1 day old) Car will be outside 24/7 and winter is on the way.

Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
    Don't do a lot of detailing other than the "garage queen" I have all the pinnacle product line and like the Klasse twins. Need advive on how to proceed on a new car (1 day old) Car will be outside 24/7 and winter is on the way.

Many thanks

Klasse twins with a pinnacle topper should easily get you thru the winter. I still suggest washing --- claying --- polishing ---protecting as possible. If no appreciable swirls then paint cleansing (Klasse AIO) versus polishing will likely surfice.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehill View Post

Many thanks

Klasse twins with a pinnacle topper should easily get you thru the winter. I still suggest washing --- claying --- polishing ---protecting as possible. If no appreciable swirls then paint cleansing (Klasse AIO) versus polishing will likely surfice.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Klumzy, I'd let it cure the 12 hours. When I put it on my car I let it sit in the garage overnight and then applied a second coat again letting it sit overnight. It made it rather inconvenient to apply but the results were great and it lasted for several months. WDGS is an excellent product. The only downside is the wait time.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by klumzypinoy View Post
    For Wolfgang DGPS, it says to let cure for 12 hours. It's not necessary to wait 24 hours then, right? THanks in advance! I like these new smileys!
    12 hours should be enough cure time for DGPS. Regions that have higher humidity will require up to 24 hours of cure time...Klasse SG defenetely needs 24 hours cure time for best durability.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like

gary26

How would you know if it didn't get the proper cure time. Would there be some sort of clouding when you waxed over it. Or would it just effect the durablilty of the sealant. I'm just trying to know what to look for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast