autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ONRWS vs ONRWW

Post Thanks / Like

ONRWS vs ONRWW

Been reading a bunch of stuff here on No Rinse products having tons of other uses such as a quick detailer and a clay lube, too. (That true?) So...what's the difference between Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine and Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax? If it makes a difference, my car has Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 on it now. I do a complate wash every weekend and apply D156 as a wipedown after the washes. (I plan on using ONRWS or ONRWW between washes and maybe use it as a clay lube and quick detailer, if possible.) Thanks! I need a beer, now.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ONRWS vs ONRWW

Or would D114 be a better choice for rinseless, QD and clay lube? (I'm on my third beer, btw!)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you can use ONR as a quick detailer and clay lube. Some also use it as a light interior cleaner.

I think most stay away from using the "wax" versions for these additional tasks because of the slightly higher cost of them and that they intend on doing a separate application of wax. And neither of them market the "wax" version as quick detailer or clay lube.

I would be interested in knowing how the wax versions preform as quick detailers if anyone uses them this way. I would imagine the would work quit well.

I believe D114 can be used the same way and I have heard lots good things about it here.

Post Thanks / Like

Have been using D114 for rinsless wash and interior cleaner. Works great and I plan on making a batch for a 32oz spray bottle for QD & Claylube. And it works great on glass!!!

Once I have my quantity (5 gal of water and product) I can do two cars and still have a gallon of solution left for the interior, door jams and glass. I do a two bucket system, one with clean cold water and both buckets have the grit guard.

For exterior wash I used both micro-fiber cloth and sponges. I actually prefer sponges due to the speed and ease of use. Results were the same.

D115 would be interesting, but I prefer going over the car with either Pinnacle Liquid Souveran or Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD. I feel D114 gives more versatility.

Post Thanks / Like

I use ONRWW as a rinseless but I do it a bit differently. I do the GD method but I do the whole car without drying. After the wash I then use ONRWW as a QD/drying aid. I do this to prevent cross contamination of my drying towel and because I presoak so it prevents overspray of previously washed panels. ONRWW as a QD works great. Lots of lubrication and no streaking. Supposedly has OCW components in it so you get some protection too. Smells better than ONR and leaves a noticeably more slick finish. If you're using D156 every time anyway it's probably redundant to use ONRWW but I use OCW every wash and I use ONRWW anyway. Product synergy.

Post Thanks / Like

D114 is awesome when use at different dilution

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post

I would be interested in knowing how the wax versions preform as quick detailers if anyone uses them this way. I would imagine the would work quit well.
    ONRWW can be used this way - works fine.

OP, ONR is the better choice between ONRWW and ONR if you need versatility because it can be used without leaving any residue of consequence. proof is in the fact that it can be used before coating without problems. ONRWW can't because it obv leaves some protection. ONR is also interior friendly in detailer dilution (glass, hard surfaces, leather).

as mentioned, they both have their place though. ONRWW is a great rinseless and can be used as a detailer too.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

•I use Meguiar's D114, at the recommended dilution
    ratios, for all of the detailing tasks that's listed below:
    -Rinseless Wash
    -Waterless Wash
    -Clay Lube
    -"Panel Wipe"
    -"Wax Stripper"
    -Bug/Insect/Bird Crap Remover

And...
    To paraphrase a quote by Meguiar's spokespersons:
    "It leaves nothing behind"...

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for replying back so fast, guys! Is D114 only available in the gallon size jug?
    Mike Honcho

Newbie Member Bryan@FiveStarShine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pheerix View Post
    After the wash I then use ONRWW as a QD/drying aid. I do this to prevent cross contamination of my drying towel and because I presoak so it prevents overspray of previously washed panels. ONRWW as a QD works great. Lots of lubrication and no streaking.
    Hey, that's a great idea! I imagine that saves a lot of time instead of washing/drying one panel at a time. I'm going to have to give that a try this week. Thanks for the tip!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast