autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Removing highway paint from car's surface

I am at my wits end trying to remove paint that I drove over on the highway. It is up the right side of my gray F-150, to include the rubber in the fender wells. It has that look of paint being slung on the lower body panels like someone slung it with a wet brush. I have used goo gone in a small area behind the rear wheel and it hasn't begin to work. I need your help because the passenger side looks like crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Removing highway paint from car's surface

A good graffiti remover will do the trick. Contact your local pressure washing supply store they will probably have some good stuff.
    Brian Dubinsky
    ELITE: Luxury Detailing + Paint Protection
    Maryland - Northern VA - DC

Post Thanks / Like

I had some on my black plastic trim on my Sorento one time and it took using a Mr Clean Magic Eraser to get it off.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

Post Thanks / Like

if it is really bad you may want to try an eraser wheel, it can be used with any power drill i have used it before in this condition just be sure and use it slowly other wise it will eat through your paint it is commonly used to remove adhesive strips from decals or trim but i have used it to remove paint, and pin stripeing in the past and sometimes even tar if its realy bad, you should be able to pick them up at any auto store. good luck

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome info guys! I will try the graffiti remover first and then proceed from there. Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on how thick it is, you can try a clay bar or maybe a nano skin mit. I've been successful with clay when it was a fine spray.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I had it on the bottom of my highlander and used turtle wax bug and tar remover. Spray it on thick and let it set then rub it off. Some that was real thick I used a plastic putty knife to scrape off. Being careful of course as to scratch the paint.

Post Thanks / Like

I would recommend using auto grade lacquer, and a microfiber or soft terry cloth. If it's too heavy lightly hit it with a plastic razor blade carefully of course. You will probably have to go over the area with a quick light compound and polish, but it should take care of it.

Mike Phillips

I've had good luck with XENIT from Stoner's.

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner

Stoner XENIT Natural Citrus Mold Cleaner removes resins, carbon deposits, silicones, and contaminants from molds. You’ll never again be frustrated trying to remove tough gunk and grime in your home, office, garage or car. Natural citrus XENIT by Stoner removes tacky, grimy dirt so well, in most cases you can simply “wipe it away.”

XENIT is a natural precision mold cleaner used as a degreaser in the plastics and rubber molding industries. It contains Citrus 66, a highly refine extract of citrus fruit. This powerful ingredient removes greasy soil and stains that can't be removed by soap and water.

Use XENIT to quickly permanent marker, crayon and lipstick “accidents” in the car and around the home. It removes release agents, resins, carbon deposits, and other contaminants left in mold cavities.

XENIT contains more than five, different, high performance cleaners. Unlike most water-based citrus cleaners that are designed to lift and carry dirt, XENIT is formulated to break down the complex molecules found in sticky materials.

This MicroActive cleaning action gives XENIT unequaled abilities to loosen and dissolve difficult grime like tar, grease, gum and adhesives. It even removes dried latex paint if accidentally dripped on carpet, flooring, or furniture. XENIT removes shoe scuffs and heel marks from from vinyl panels and greasy dirt from fabrics and upholstery.

Save yourself hours of agony trying to remove sticky stuff with standard cleaners. Avoid wasted time spent laboring with inferior water-based products. XENIT is formulated to evaporate and dry completely, leaving behind no sticky residues or streaky soaps.

Here's some similar threads.....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-take-off.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ease-help.html

Heavy Tar and Road Paint in Wheel Wells

Road paint

Road paint suggestions

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I will definitely purchase and try this product, Xenit. I just purchased Motenbockers lift off spray remover #4 used for removing graffiti and spray
    paint. I will try this first before buying the Xenit and let you guys know.
    Last edited by ace; 03-04-2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: added more to statement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast