autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Wolfgang Wheel Cleaner, and Black Diamond tire gel

I want to try both of these products - Wolfgang Wheel Cleaner, and Black Diamond tire gel. Anyone tried 'em? Different form Pinnacle and DP? Smell?
    Thanks in advance.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    I seen a pic of the tire gel on another forum. From what i can see from the pics it looked to be a nice product. others who posted and used the WG tire gel had positve replys also..

Post Thanks / Like
    I liked them, but found them similar enough to Pinnacle that I went back. I really love the Pinnacle Onyx Gel . I am just getting to use the DP versions, and found the cleaner needs a little more scrubbing. The protectant looks very glossy on the wifes new truck.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is durability? I have Megs Insane Tire Shine spray right now. I was thinking about Meg's Engurance High Gloss Gel as I keep reading that it will last for a couple weeks and doesn't attract a lot of dirt/dust etc. But then I read a few other comments saying the wheel ended up caked with dust. but could be b/c they didn't let it dry all the way.

I like the Insane Shine, but don't really care for the aerosol spraying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    How is durability? I have Megs Insane Tire Shine spray right now. I was thinking about Meg's Engurance High Gloss Gel as I keep reading that it will last for a couple weeks and doesn't attract a lot of dirt/dust etc. But then I read a few other comments saying the wheel ended up caked with dust. but could be b/c they didn't let it dry all the way.

I like the Insane Shine, but don't really care for the aerosol spraying.
    Surfer you are right about the aerosol spray, seems to get more on the vehicle, ground and where ever else but not the tires. Like Pinnacle Gel, lasts a long time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Meghan
    Surfer you are right about the aerosol spray, seems to get more on the vehicle, ground and where ever else but not the tires. Like Pinnacle Gel, lasts a long time!
    Yeh, learned that lesson. Finished up the truck in the garage, some of the spray musta gotten on the floor b/c it's slippery now lol. My dogs a lunatic and was running around like crazy the other day, flew into the garage and couldn't stop, heard a "THUMP" . I almost slipped a few times as well lol.

The Insane Shine works good, but kinda hard to get an eeven coating w/o holding the can all the way around at the same angle and distance from the tire. You guys don't carry Meg's High Gloss Endurance Gel right (think you have just the matte finish)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh, learned that lesson. Finished up the truck in the garage, some of the spray musta gotten on the floor b/c it's slippery now lol. My dogs a lunatic and was running around like crazy the other day, flew into the garage and couldn't stop, heard a "THUMP" . I almost slipped a few times as well lol.

The Insane Shine works good, but kinda hard to get an eeven coating w/o holding the can all the way around at the same angle and distance from the tire. You guys don't carry Meg's High Gloss Endurance Gel right (think you have just the matte finish)?

If you want a matte surface look to 303 protectant or Poorboys Natural Look dressing. Not much in gels that are not bold and bright.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

No we carry both.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought some High Endurance Gel to try it out. I used it on my car like a day before I was to leave to come back home. The look is nice when applied, but I drove through two rainstorms and when I got home there was nothing left on the tires. They look clean, but just naked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNative
    I bought some High Endurance Gel to try it out. I used it on my car like a day before I was to leave to come back home. The look is nice when applied, but I drove through two rainstorms and when I got home there was nothing left on the tires. They look clean, but just naked.
    That's surprising. I use the Megs Endurance High Gloss Gel and it seems to stay on forever. In fact it's been raining here quite a bit the last two months. I didn't drive my car for a couple of days and when I went to take it out I noticed one of the wheels was partially submerged in a deep puddle. I pulled the car out and looked at the tire and it was still very glossy after soaking for two days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast