autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Did my VX5000 Break Today???

I just got the VX5000 a few months ago. I was using it in one room of my house today and went into another area for about an hour and a half. When I returned, I saw that it was empty of water (top light was on). No biggie, right? But then I noticed two other things. There was a small puddle of water under the steamer, AND the pressure gauge window was covered in condensation on the inside. I turned it off, let it cool down, and took off the screw cap. It has been several more hours and you still can't see the pressure gauge due to the heavy condensation inside. I have ONLY used distilled water since I got it. I was going to call the company but they are closed right now. It was a big decision to spend this much money on a steamer and I am wondering if it has broken after a few short months. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there an easy fix? Is it normal (I can't imagine it is). Any advice? Of course I will call the company tomorrow but I fear the best case scenario will involve packing it up and paying a lot of shipping costs and the worst case scenario will involve having wasted a whole lot of money.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oh no! Did my VX5000 Break Today???

No need to jump to conclusions, just email the company rep right away. This unit has been used in many other detail companies. While it isn't a full detachable design (as in each component cannot be repaired easily), there should be fix since it isnt a basic consumer grade model.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you run the unit for an hour dry? That doesn't sound like a good idea imo lol

What kind of warranty do they give?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to the company and I am sending it in for repair. I guess there isn't any "quick fix" I can do on my own. Thanks for the replies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that. I've left mine on all night on accident before with water in it. I eventually had to replace the o ring on the pressure cap. One of my indicator lights no longer comes on. And I also have condensation appear inside the pressure gauge sometimes. The VX is a tough machine. Good luck with your repair. You will get a lot of use from your machine.

Post Thanks / Like

When I drained it for shipping there was still water in it, so I guess I did not run it dry even though it indicated that. Sent it out yesterday for repair. Will let you all know what was wrong with it when I find out.

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Got my VX5000 back and it is fixed. It had a loose fitting that was tightened and the O-ring on the cap was also replaced. It seems to be working fine now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ozziepuppy View Post
    Update: Got my VX5000 back and it is fixed. It had a loose fitting that was tightened and the O-ring on the cap was also replaced. It seems to be working fine now.
    That's great. Did they cover freight also??

Post Thanks / Like

They were supposed to cover all of the shipping. It cost around $47.00 to ship it UPS. I asked for the shipping charges in small brushes ($4 each) rather than as a check (as they usually do). I thought I would get about 11 small brushes but I only got 6. I considered contacting them and asking for more brushes to cover all of the shipping, but then decided not to bother. They did pay for return shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like there is a profit margin on the brushes they would have sent you more. I guess things could have been a lot worse!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast