autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Best use of Midnight Sun Wax

Someone just bought me Midnight Sun Paste Wax as a birthday present (along with 8 Chincilla towels.)

Here's my plan:
    - coat of Chemical Guys glaze (bought it over the winter, haven't used it yet,)
    - coat of Wet Diamond Sealant,
    - coat of Midnight Sun Paste Wax
    - in between waxings (and immediately after each wash,) use either Wet Diamond Polymer Spray or Midnight Sun Instant Detailer.

Is this a reasonably good plan to NOT waste an $80 tub of wax? Could the glaze ruin the look of the Blackfire products?

(Would like to have *some* filling...I won't be able to do any paint correction until late April or May...weather's nice in spots here through March and April and I want to have the car looking good for those days - black 2002 Camaro SS.)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best use of Midnight Sun Wax

I'd keep the whole plan blackfire and replace the glaze with the blackfire total polish and seal - the whole blackfire line adds to each other as you add diff products - I have done both my DD's in total polish/crystal seal/poly spray - and each layer adds more brilliance...topping with midnight sun would be amazing....but the polymers are additive with blackfire...
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest you using this and staying in the BF line as all the products are made to work with each other. Skip the CG Glaze for now.

BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish, prewax polish, car polish

If you apply The BF wax thin, it will last you a very long time, so have at it!
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

I will have at it...as I was thinking about it, I'll bet some new product comes out that everyone will be raving about (that I'll have to have) before I get through this tub!

Post Thanks / Like

On my ride, 2x wet diamond, 2x midnight sun. All you need. Period.

Post Thanks / Like

BF products are great...I use them on my DD truck and it looks great after 3+ mos....
    Walt

Post Thanks / Like

It should last a long long time. You only need a thin application.

In all honesty If you didn't want to try things for yourself I would say skip the glaze. Especially if the vehicle is polished to perfection.

Now, what I would do if I were you is go out there and do the hood one way and the rear lid another and see what I thought. People like us all have opinions all over this forum but you may find we are all wrong.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like
    What glaze do you have? Just curious.
    "Challenge yourself to live a better tomorrow than you did yesterday"

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is for butter nuts :grin:
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys EZ-Creme Glaze w/Acrylic Shine II 16 oz.

That's the glaze I have.

The car isn't polished to perfection...it was pretty close, then I started to use waterless washes in between regular washes and I induced some swirling. This car isn't a daily driver...if the weather is nice I drive it and it's sort of a treat. But the problem is that I don't have a garage, so I could wash it today and in a few days it is dusty and mildly dirty. So I wipe it down using a waterless wash to make it sharp when I know I'm going to be driving it (and it looks great in the shade/out of direct sunlight if you don't pull out an inspection light.) I asked on this board if this could be done without causing little scratches and the consensus was "no," though I could minimize the scratching by using eight million towels every wipe down. So I've decided that I'd use four million towels and just not worry about mild fine scratching. I'm not going to try and correct the paint as often as it would need it to keep it meticulously polished...though I don't have any problem throwing a coat of glaze and wax on it. So that's where I'm coming from with the glaze...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast