autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Repair shop = banging head on desk

So parents got the car back from the shop, I didn't get a chance to look at it since it was really late. Next morn I go out to see how they did…well this is what I found. The first pic is the passenger side, how it should look, the second is the drivers side…there is a bloody gap between the bumper and lights! Gah!

Then when we dropped the car off for the repair and they gave us an overview of what they are going to do, it said 'wash and detail' on it. I pleaded with my parents to not let them do it but they insisted that the pros knew what they where doing. The hood of the car was replaced, so brand new paint and clear coat, but it seems to already have scratches on it and one or two holograms. I only did a pic of what seems to be a scratch because it is freezing outside now in pgh.

I would say that I am being paranoid but hey after the horror stories I've read floating around the forum I believe I am justified. sigh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Repair shop = banging head on desk-pass-side-jpg   Repair shop = banging head on desk-driver-side-jpg   Repair shop = banging head on desk-hood-scratch-jpg  
    Who said you had to be a guy to like detailing?
    Eva

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Repair shop = banging head on desk

Yikes!!! (shakes head)

Did the shop use an OEM bumper or aftermarketness. Reason I ask is some insurance companies don't pay for OEM equipment, they pay for certified parts or equipment only and the parts fit nowhere near OEM parts.

If seen what happens when insurance or customer have non-OEM parts painted. Once such example was when a non-OEM front bumper was painted and then baked and shrunk considerable in size due to poor parts.

I hope you get it all fixed!

Post Thanks / Like

Give a gentle push on those side bits...most bumpers have clips along there & they might not be seated properly.

Post Thanks / Like

UUUGGGHHHH!!!!! I HATE body shops!!! The ONLY place I've seen do a fantastic job was the dealer. My neighbor got rear ended in her 2010 Acura TSX and she took it to the dealer to get fixed since they have a body shop there. When she brought it home it looked amazing. From those pics there is a HUGE difference. Try what apg suggested and give it a nice push.
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apg39 View Post
    Give a gentle push on those side bits...most bumpers have clips along there & they might not be seated properly.
    That pic is AFTER I gave it a push. I pointed it out to my mom and we are brining it back into the shop to see how they are gonna explain this.
    Who said you had to be a guy to like detailing?
    Eva