autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh I hate hit and runs.

Got hit by another car in a parking lot today at a Walmart. Didn't notice it until I got home. I then immediately went back to the Walmart and asked if they could review their security cameras for the car that hit me, hopefully getting the license plate. Apparently Walmart isn't allowed to show you the video unless a police officer is present so I called it in. The officer came and took all the information down and where my car was parking and time of day. He cannot go in to look at it but he said that with my case an investigator will come back to the Walmart and take a look at the video in the next 2-3 days.

The car hit my 2009 Nissan Maxima in the back right quarter panel. It is a MASSIVE dent. Seems like no paint was taken off just massive dent on the metal part of the car.

I really hope the investigator can see a license plate, and this guy gets caught. Really do people not have morals for their actions anymore?
    I just sucks so much, you take care of your car. Make it look as clean and nice as possible and stuff like this happens.

I hope for others on this forum, if you ever hit another car please stop and give your information. PLEASE. It just sucks that you don't even do anything wrong crap like this happens and comes out of someone else's pocket for your actions.

Super Member DetailedByPrecision's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gosh I hate hit and runs.

i feel your pain. it's hard to truly understand someone's pain unless you went through it yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

this is why i park literally all the way back in walmart... i dont care walking like a fool all they way to the entrance but i know my car is safe!
    Hi !

Post Thanks / Like
    well you know that some of the clientele at Wally world isn't exactly the most upstanding. I hate when I get door dings, I can't imagine walking out to what happened to you. Hopefully, for strictly fiscal sake that they find who did it so you don't have to pay the deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x: Avalanche White
    2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 6MT: Redline Red

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fairlady350z View Post
    well you know that some of the clientele at Wally world isn't exactly the most upstanding. I hate when I get door dings, I can't imagine walking out to what happened to you. Hopefully, for strictly fiscal sake that they find who did it so you don't have to pay the deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I hope so too. It isn't just the fact that I have to pay for the deductible. What grinds me is that I feel like my car will never feel the same and stuff. Cause it was MY car and I took so much car for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I park all the way in the last spot at Wal-Mart. I look at the people who shop there and ask myself "Do I REALLY want to park next to these folks?"
    My moms 09' Sonata got swiped in the front quarter panel when she parked at WalMart. Shes handicapped, so unfortunately she cannot take the far way.

My personal opinion, though, people see our cars all shined up, looking perfect and probably assume that if they found a way to tell you you would get angry.
    2004 Infiniti M45 "Emmie"- Twilight Blue Pearl

2000 Ford Explorer "Clifford" - Toreador Red Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Feel for you and hope you get it sorted.
    The wife works at local hospital as a Nurse came out to find huge dent but the only area where no cameras and the damage could have only been from one thing the local council refuse truck.

No way of proving it for us though....GGEEERRRR

Post Thanks / Like

My Tundra got nail at Wally World 23 days after I rolled it out of the show room. I went to the cops, they said I had to pay for the officer to watch the video, pay to rent the cruiser for him to drive there all tolled was about 300 bucks. He said 95% of the time they dont get a conviction because the evidence wont stand up in court. I guess the cameras aren't that good and its difficult to get a positive ID on the plates. Watch out for Home Depot too, I got nailed there too about 4 months later. Lots of DIYers towing trailers for the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

"Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain. Sorry for your loss and inconvience

You might check with a good PDR person and see what they can do. Is the dent located along a body line?
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast