autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the BEST dual action orbital polisher?

You really cant go wrong with any of the machines. I started out with a Megs g110. Then picked up the GG6. Then a new PCXP was given to me. So now I have those three and to be totally honest I use my g110 the most followed by the PCxp and then the GG6.

To make things more efficient for myself I have each machine set up with different backing plates. My g110 has a backing plate cut down to the exact size of the 5.5 MF disc. The PCxp has a normal 5" LC bp, and the GG6 has a small 3" bp.

I do this so I can switch tools and pads and products without having to remove the backing plate and change it out. I just unplug, set aside and plug the new one in.

Enough of my ramballing... sum me up to say go with whatever one you think is best and which one has the best deal going on because I like and use them all.
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
    Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like

I am new to this forum, so I don't profess to be an expert. As an amateur, I am still studying and learning about the latest detailing products and techniques. I enjoy Mike Phillips on Speed. He is very knowledgeable and his tips are invaluable.

I have four cars that I like to keep looking crisp and standing tall. Two are daily drivers and two are "garage queens," only driven in fair weather and on the weekends. I have a Cyclo Orbital Polisher and a Flex 3401. I like the Flex for correction and the Cyclo for applying glazes and waxes. I don't know which is better, since each serves a different function. All I know is that together these two machines keep my cars looking showroom new.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by eboose7 View Post
    I have a Cyclo Orbital Polisher and a Flex 3401. I like the Flex for correction and the Cyclo for applying glazes and waxes. I don't know which is better, since each serves a different function.

All I know is that together these two machines keep my cars looking showroom new.

Well said.

Also, thanks for the kind words about the Speed Channel work, it's a lot of fun working with Bryan Fuller, Matt Steele and Bruno Massel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123