autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

M105 (or similar product) on glass to remove water spots?

In the past, I have used M105 to remove extreme overspray from autoglass. The result worked fine with a very soft brillo polishing pad produced.

Just out of curiosity, will SwirlX yield similar results in removing some light water spots or etching? I know, I know. I could try a test spot for myself. But I would rather get some opinion on this and skip the testing.

Also, some people have mentioned, I forgot who or where, that cutting pad could "mar" the glass. Anybody seen this happen?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: M105 (or similar product) on glass to remove water spots?

Depending on how bad the spots are I usually find you can jump way down on the cut of the polish if you use something that has strong chemical cleaning action. I've used everything from SSR3 (liquid sandpaper) and a yellow CCS pad to OPT poliseal (very little cut but good cleaning) and white CCS pads and gotten results on different vehicles using a PC.

I did a few test spots with the rotary on a few very bad fire trucks at our local fire dept and found that everything from SSR2 to pro polish to ssr3 worked along with the OPT polishes with any pad I tried from wool to white.... You are more likely to cause warping from heat using a rotary

Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: M105 (or similar product) on glass to remove water spots?

Get something like Duragloss's Nu-Glass. It is specifically made for water spots on glass.

You can find it here at AG or locally at any CarQuest / NAPA.

I got a small bottle like a month ago to do the windshield of a fire truck and instantly fell in love with the stuff. I drove to the plant and purchased a gallon of the stuff.