autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to dry a foam pad after hand washing

lol No problem Mike. I've done the same and not all of my pads deformed, but I'd say a good number were pretty ovular after a few times of wringing them too hard. Pretty hard to center a pad shaped like that. hahaha You get LOTS of fun vibrations, lemme just tell ya.

I find the worst is when the pads start to concave...then I know it's time to use them less often and think about buying new ones.
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips
    Are you an entrepreneur?
    Maybe this is a chance for come creative person to build the first "Pad Dryer". Kind of like a "Food Dryer or Dehydrator". A cabinet with racks and a fan and ta-da you have a "Pad Dryer".

Make it so you can assemble it from flat pieces that will pile into a box so it's small, light, easy and inexpensive to ship and then send me 10% of the profits.

I wonder if you could use some kind of a heat lamp/fan or maybe a hot air popper like a pop corn popper?
    'Cause there's just something women like about a pickup man.
    Rich

Post Thanks / Like

...omg...Thanks Mike. Now O.C.D. has literally kicked in and I'm thinking of designs in my mind on a low-heat convection, multi-level, pad-drying device with a built-in moisture filter to automatically dehumidify the air as it's constantly recirculated with-in the device. There would be a semi-large box, sealed, with a U-shaped tube coming from each side and running around to the rear of the box where the heating element and filter would reside in a box attached to the rear of the machine.

There would be 3 shelves inside the box with a LARGE door that opens from the front face of the drying enclosure. The handle would be at the top of the door and the door would open downwards to allow access to the racks inside. The warm air would be dispersed to each shelf via directional venting from the warm-air-in side of the box and pushed out of the other side of the device to be fed directly back into the heating/filtration box. All the device would do is heat the air slightly and recirculate warm, dry air back through itself over and over again. I bet it'd work. May not be collapsable though. lol
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

I already invented it....I sandwich my pads between grit gaurds, and lay them on top of the air conditioner. On a 90 degree day they are dry in about 30 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you an entrepreneur?
    Maybe this is a chance for come creative person to build the first "Pad Dryer". Kind of like a "Food Dryer or Dehydrator". A cabinet with racks and a fan and ta-da you have a "Pad Dryer".

Make it so you can assemble it from flat pieces that will pile into a box so it's small, light, easy and inexpensive to ship and then send me 10% of the profits.

Funny you mention this Mike as there is actually a schematic I'll have to drag out of the drawr for you. I used to make my own fireworks and the safest/fastest way to dry out the stars that go booom at night were dried in an air inducted "box". Basically made of wood or plastic if you have a plastic welder. Two large (or more) computer fans powered by either a 9v battery or similar low voltage device (hobby battery) that are attached to the back of this box. Chicken wire was used to set the stars on so air could travel over, under, and around these stars. I similar device can be modified for our pads. Looks like I have another project to work on during my vacation! Time to talk to the patent office.

Post Thanks / Like

Never thought of drying pads this way. Thanks for sharing, Mike. Will definitely try this out.

Stop whining and crying like a baby! Life sucks...deal with it!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

what about using some of those "silica gel" moisture absorbing satchels?

just stick a couple of them in with your pads once they are "dry enough to be stored"?

Post Thanks / Like

Just look at how plastic medical equipment is dried after cleaning and duplicate it on a smaller scale...

Easy niche design for someone with a lot of initative.

Post Thanks / Like

Wrapped the pads on a drying towel then sat on it for like 2 mins.Worked out well for me so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I have my plans all set out for this week to build a mock-up drying rack. The first one will be made of wood and plastic. If all goes well with that I'll replace the wood with all plastic. Should be a simple design. I'll keep everyone posted!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast