autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

I love the glove...

I love the glove...

Yesterday, after we finished a new video on tire and wheel care, as a courtesy to the owner of the Camaro, I did a little polishing on the paint and then sealed the paint with Poli-Coat.

In the video we used our Microfiber Gloves to show applying DP Wheel Glaze to the wheels instead of using a normal wax applicator pad, the gloves make it easy to apply the DP Wheel Glaze because you basically use our hands and fingers as the applicator and this enables you to wax or caress the intricate shapes of the spokes of a wheel.

As a part of this I had brought out a bag of microfiber gloves to the Studio to have some on hand in case we needed extras.

Here's the tie in...
    Later in the night, after applying and allowing the Poli-Coat to dry to a haze, when I went to wipe it off, I slipped on a pair of the microfiber gloves and used these to hold my microfiber towels and I found I absolutely love them. Because it's microfiber against microfiber they give your hand excellent grip over your microfiber towel.

Sometimes I don't have a microfiber towel in each hand, with a clean microfiber glove on both hands, I can hold a microfiber towel with one hand while bracing myself with my other hand "touching" the paint but without putting any smudges onto the paint from my skin. Cool.

If you've never used microfiber gloves while wiping the wax or paint sealant off your car, it's definitely something you should try especially if you've really worked your car's paint up to show car status where like on this black 2010 Camaro any little smudge stands out like a sore thumb.

If you want to test out the gloves to see if you like using them they are available as a single pair or in as a bundle of 6 pairs.

I love the glove...

If you act now there's a BOGO going on ...

Microfiber Gloves BOGO Special

Otherwise, you can find them here...

Microfiber Gloves - 1 pair

Microfiber Gloves - 6 pair

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I love the glove...

Thanks for the post, Mike.

I totally agree with you that these gloves are excellent for applying wheel waxes/sealants.

For my wheels, I am LOVING the Wolfgang Finger Pockets...using them to apply two coats of Poorboy's Wheel Sealant to my rims every week-end. But different wheel designs call for different applicators.

I was hesitant about buying the Finger Pockets and the Microfiber Gloves, but they can make applying wheel protection faster, easier, and more enjoyable.
    08 Subaru WRX

Post Thanks / Like

im likeing these gloves
    names tom i live in nj with my wife cindy .and our 3 children. samantha gabriella and little tom...

Post Thanks / Like

After watching a friend use them on motorcycle spokes I picked up a couple of pair. Looks as there are many useful apps for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I'd love to hear your opinion of what it was like to work on this paint. We've spoken on the phone in the past and based on my experience you said that I may have a soft paint job. Others have said that these new Camaro's have notoriously soft paint jobs. Any thoughts?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mcpp66 View Post
    Mike,

I'd love to hear your opinion of what it was like to work on this paint.
    I'll post my comments on a dedicated thread for this topic so this thread can stay on-topic.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good! Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I'll post my comments on a dedicated thread for this topic so this thread can stay on-topic.

Post Thanks / Like

The car looks great! Now I'm really glad that I have 4 pairs of MF gloves on the way. The MF on MF providing a good grip sounds like reason enough, not to mention actually using them to apply stuff. Have you tried placing one of the thick AG foam applicators in the second fold of a MF towel when removing wax? It gives a lot of cushion between your hand and the paint, I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Are they one size fits all?
    Rick....now in North Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the write up Mike! I just put some of these in my cart last week
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast