autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuzion on my new Challenger

I have been reading up and Im pretty sure Im going to spring for the Fuzion.
    Here is my plan. I have a new Challenger SRT8 on order and when it gets here I plan on picking it up from the dealer, take a nice break in type drive home, park it. From there I plan on giving it a thurough washing and then Fuzion. I figure brand new car, no real miles to speak of is the perfect time to get the first coat on.
    My question is do I need to use the 3.0 sealer first or can I omit it and just use the Fuzion as a stand alone product with spritz after washes inbetween wax sessions.
    Guess the main question is if you just bought your dream car what would you do to get the inital wax on it and how would you do it? I cant see needing to clay the whole thing if it just comes from the transporter/dealer to my garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fuzion on my new Challenger

wash-clay-polish (paint cleaner minimum)-protect.
    Even though it is brand new I'd check to see if it needs claying. Lots of rail dust on some new cars, others none.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Im still not sure if I need to buy the 3.0 Sealant or using the Fuzion precludes the need to use the 3.0??

Post Thanks / Like

tnek,

It's just a personal choice about whether to use the sealer or not. I do because I like the warmth and depth of a good carnauba layered over the sealant. Other opinions are sealant only or carnauba only.

Congrats on the new car. Don't forget Jimmie's post above. You would be surprised are the crap new cars pick up before they get to the dealer.

One other thing. Unless you know the detailers at the dealership REAL well, request that they do NOT clean the outside of the car AT ALL. That way you can start from scratch knowing that any problems are your creation with no one to blame but you....

Post Thanks / Like

sealer will add some durability, but both look wonderful on their own.

Post Thanks / Like

I would clay it first also and polish if it needs it. Just because it is brand new, it doesn't mean the dealer hasn't induced swirls.

If it were me, I would seal it, wait 24 hrs and then add the Fuzion. I like that extra insurance below the wax for protection, just incase I get tied up in life and can't get another coat of wax on the car for a while.
    What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about???

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a clay bar and inspection is first up and then 3.0 and Fuzion on top. Plus do the wheels as well.

Post Thanks / Like

For a $175 product and being a brand-spanking-new car, I would just give it a nice wash and apply the Fuzion. No need to mess with the flawless paintwork of a brand new car especially since you've got the car on auto so it will not be sitting on the dealership lot for more than 48 hours probably.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emile View Post
    For a $175 product and being a brand-spanking-new car, I would just give it a nice wash and apply the Fuzion. No need to mess with the flawless paintwork of a brand new car especially since you've got the car on auto so it will not be sitting on the dealership lot for more than 48 hours probably.
    Tnek,
    Not knowing the condition of your paint BUT from my experience (Brand new 08 300 C) you will definitely need the Clay, TSR, and paint work polish enhancer; I then sealed it and added a coat of Fuzion 24 hours later. I posted some pics but being a White Car not all that impressive but in the real world it looks dripping wet. Congrats on the new car.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Fuzion on my new Challenger

Tnek,
    In case you haven’t already read this post Dealership detail "technicians" You may want to, AND call your dealership and tell them NOT to touch your "Flawless Paintwork" Might save you a whole lot of time and aggravation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast