autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: can I apply a coating over Carpro Essence a few days after??

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    You can absolutely apply your coating over Essence a day or two later... you'll need to ensure the paint is perfectly clean though to get the desired result.

Will the vehicle be driven? Or remain parked in a garage?

It would need a wipe down with something like Eraser or Gyeon Prep, etc. prior to coating.

If you have driven the car, cleaning it first with N-914 (or D114 if you have any) then a final wipe down with Eraser/Prep would be advised.

Keep in mind the more you touch the car the greater the chance of marring the paint.

Best to leave it parked inside for the time between applying Essence and when you are ready to install the coating.
    Thank you for your response! The vehicle will be driven so yes definitely another decon is needed prior to coating. Definitely a reset wash and a iPa/eraser wipe down prior to coating. I just wasn't sure because essence does have some sio2 so wasn't sure how bonding/merging would be affected. Have a great weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Just to clarify my comment... I agree that it is unnecessary to do an Eraser wipe down when going from Essence to one of the CarPro coatings (after an hour of cure time according to CarPro), however the OP did not indicate which brand of coating he had intended to use. I was actually thinking more in terms of the time between polishing with Essence and applying the coating. Even if the car is sitting in an enclosed garage you are likely to get some dust accumulation and/or debris on the paint over a 24 hour, 48 hour or longer period of time. Best practice would be to have the cleanest surface possible before applying the coating, hence my recommendation to wipe the paint down with Eraser, Gyeon Prep, etc.
    Yup sorry I do have a non carpro coating that will go over essence, thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Essence without any IPA/Eraser etc. has been fine on the many coatings I have used. There has been no adverse effects in durability, gloss etc. Just as Essence Plus has rejuvenated and repaired all types of coatings. I even top Reload with all brands of coatings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Why not do the horizontals completely one day and do the vertical another? If you should get tied up or weather prohibits you from finishing, it won't matter if its days or weeks before you can finish the second half.
    Great point! Thank you sir

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Essence without any IPA/Eraser etc. has been fine on the many coatings I have used. There has been no adverse effects in durability, gloss etc. Just as Essence Plus has rejuvenated and repaired all types of coatings. I even top Reload with all brands of coatings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    The longer you let Essence cure prior to coating the better IMO. I always let Essence cure overnight, Eraser wipe in the AM, and then start coating.
    Thanks for the reply, that's great news since essence is going to sit for a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply, I do the same as well with both my coatings is topping it with reload, I'm pretty addicted to it since it goes on everything, have a great weekend

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12