autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes 15 MK2 trigger hold button

Seems like mine stopped working. It was working fine a few minutes ago now when I go to lock the trigger it just stops. Won't engage.

Everyning else is is fine, machine works amazingly smooth just can't lock the trigger any longer.

Anyone else have this problem? I use it so much now I really don't want to send it out, it isn't even a few months old.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes 15 MK2 trigger hold button

If I'm understanding this correctly - when you press the trigger lock button the tool stops? or the trigger lock simply isn't working?

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    If I'm understanding this correctly - when you press the trigger lock button the tool stops? or the trigger lock simply isn't working?
    Hey man thanks for the reply, I missed it. Yes when I want to lock the trigger and press the lock bottom wait a sec and let go of the trigger the machine stops. Still works great and I was able to get through a full 12 hour correction on sat ( the day I posted) but unfortunitly could never lock the trigger. Machine is about 2 months old purchased through Autopia ( I had some store credit).

Post Thanks / Like

Shoot an email to ORDERS@RUPESUSA.COM and we'll get you a return ticket to get it looked at - probably something very simple and could be fixed and back to you the same day we receive it here.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    Shoot an email to ORDERS@RUPESUSA.COM and we'll get you a return ticket to get it looked at - probably something very simple and could be fixed and back to you the same day we receive it here.
    Thanks man sounds good! I need it again in a couple of days and if I can't get it to work I will send it out for sure. Hoping it'd just something simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idriveblackcars View Post
    Thanks man sounds good! I need it again in a couple of days and if I can't get it to work I will send it out for sure. Hoping it'd just something simple.
    Sounds good. I suspect its actually the trigger itself, not the lock. There is a little part on the trigger that engages with the lock when its pressed. If its slightly out of spec or just misaligned I could see it causing the issue you're seeing. In any event we'll fix it FOC when you're ready to send it in. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

I do not currently own a Rupes polisher. After the responses that Dylan@Rupes has posted, I am looking forward to ordering a Rupes Bigfoot Nano IBrid Long Neck Kit from AGO on Wednesday. Thank you Dylan for your quick responses and desire to fix issues. I believe that you provide a top notch customer service experience. I also have a Rupes LHR 75E Mini on my wish list for future purchase.
    AZ Mike aka "Repeat"

Post Thanks / Like

Currently in an issue with a Rupes product delivered delivered June 1/16. AG took luntil 6th to tell me Rupes USA is handling. Have not heard back yet but will keep a posting. This is my first problem with AG so will see how it goes.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Update on Rupes customer service. Heard from them this am and new part on it's way direct from Italy. Now that's what I call service. No hassles, sympathetic reply and offer to help if have anymore questions.

Post Thanks / Like

New update as of today unable to get tracking number from Italy. Rupes USA is assisting but their fate lies with the Italians. Starting to wonder if money well "spent".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast