autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Are Rupes polishers tough or easy to get broken?

I purchased the LHR 21 a few months ago and it worked fine at first, but suddenly the ring part which is connecting the tool body and the backing plate got loose and the backing plate fell off when I was using the tool.

Does any of you have the similar experience with Rupes polishers? or any other troubles with Rupes polishers, especially with LHR15/21ES or LHR15/21 Mark2?
    I’m wondering if the unit I received was just a bad one, or Rupes tools may be weaker, more easy-to-break than other tools?
    What do you guys think?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are Rupes polishers tough or easy to get broken?

as with anything else YMMV, but IME the QC wasn't very good...
    i am the jump starter.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

I had issues with my Flex 3401 which needed replacing, my Rupes on the otherhand flawless. Both get used equally.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes build quality is second to none imo.

Post Thanks / Like

All tools have there problems. Some more than others.

As far as I understand it, the quality of those tools are not the quality of their German counterparts. Same goes in the automotive side of the world as well....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Auto View Post
    I purchased the LHR 21 a few months ago and it worked fine at first, but suddenly the ring part which is connecting the tool body and the backing plate got loose and the backing plate fell off when I was using the tool.

Does any of you have the similar experience with Rupes polishers? or any other troubles with Rupes polishers, especially with LHR15/21ES or LHR15/21 Mark2?
    I’m wondering if the unit I received was just a bad one, or Rupes tools may be weaker, more easy-to-break than other tools?
    What do you guys think?
    The build quality of our tools is very high, and while some might try to say otherwise the statistics on failure per units in the market is extremely low - it is however a plastic tool, so if you drop it things will break.

That being said we offer full factory level support here in the US for our tools - something no other tool in the segment can claim. If something goes wrong we have the parts to repair it and a team that is assembling tools on a daily basis. With your issue I'm a bit confused however - the backing plate is attached to the tool through the center via a bolt, so not sure about what you mean by 'ring part which is connecting the tool body and backing plate'

You can contact our customer service team and include some pictures of the issue (orders@rupesusa.com) and if the tool is within its first year we'll repair it free of charge and cover the shipping (provided the damage is not the result of negligence or abuse).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan@RUPES View Post
    The build quality of our tools is very high, and while some might try to say otherwise the statistics on failure per units in the market is extremely low - it is however a plastic tool, so if you drop it things will break.

That being said we offer full factory level support here in the US for our tools - something no other tool in the segment can claim. If something goes wrong we have the parts to repair it and a team that is assembling tools on a daily basis. With your issue I'm a bit confused however - the backing plate is attached to the tool through the center via a bolt, so not sure about what you mean by 'ring part which is connecting the tool body and backing plate'

You can contact our customer service team and include some pictures of the issue (orders@rupesusa.com) and if the tool is within its first year we'll repair it free of charge and cover the shipping (provided the damage is not the result of negligence or abuse).
    How do you fault that?!? Great customer service there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Auto View Post

What do you guys think?
    I have three Rupes tools and they have preformed flawlessly.

Oh by the way:

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I've had two Rupes and I would rate them as pretty high quality. One thing I like is that they seems to always be striving to improve their tools. Since the original Bigfoots came in, I'm aware they:

1. Improved the cord

2. Improved the BPs

3. Improved the power and ergonomics (Mk 2 series)

Like most things, I'm convinced most problems with most "tools" in general are user error, incorrect use, incorrect accessories, or overuse.

I still use my original Hencho in Mexico PC 7424 from 2007 without issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

3 Rupes tools no problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast