autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting up Seminole Detail, So spend my money! :)

Well I am starting up Seminole Detail due to the mass demand here @ FSU. I mean I put the idea on facebook and had 200 emails in 3 days asking for information O.O

Magus is working hard on the logo and banner for my new website which is being hosted by Microsoft. BTW if you have microsoft office 2000 + [legal version] you get a free domain name and 500mb space with 10gb transfer a month! FREE!

I am picking up my Dewalt Battery Powered Vacuum Cleaner which is just freaking SWEET! I still need to work out a stain removing solution as I really dont want to tote a generator around in my Camry. I dont know, I might break down eventually, but for now, I need to find a solution.

Also I need new products

I am looking for a rinseless wash. I am stuck between 4 in 1 and ONR. I dont know which is better, but I do have experience with ONR from back in the day.

I need products with a good clean, maybe fruity scent. I want to make sure the interior smells nice to remind my customers how that clean smell and feel is. As far as exterior waxes go, its Fall / Winter in Tallahassee, so it will be Souveran / MaxWax all the way. I know I will get them hooked on the look and feel of a quality Carnauba Wax On the whites/golds/silver I will be looking at a highly reflective sealant. I still havent decided on this.

For the outside of these cars, we need the whole kit n kaboodle of no rinse products, heh. I figure a rinseless wash and claying will be definately enough for the larger majority of the vehicles. Ive learned that APC in wheelwells with a brush works pretty well then coming around with an old towel.

Also, WHEELS. There are some scary ones here that need to be cleaned without rinsing. Yes it will suck without washing them with DP Gell which is awesome, but I need to figure a solution out for this.

So with this in mind:

Interior Dressing:
    Glass Cleaner:
    No Rinse Wash:
    Tire Dressing:
    Wheel Cleaner:

Sealant:

Carpet Cleaning Solution? : [ideas please]

Small generators... Just for future reference:

Thanks All,

Ryan M
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Interior Dressing: PM me
    Glass Cleaner: PM me
    Tire Dressing: PM me
    Sealant: PM me
    Carpet: DP Total Interior Cleaner.
    Last edited by D; 10-12-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the suggestion and yhpm

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR/DP 4-n-1 actually works really well for cleaning wheels & wheel wells.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like
    folex for carpet, no? spray some febreeze (sp?) for autos last. ?
    ~Lulu~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    ONR/DP 4-n-1 actually works really well for cleaning wheels & wheel wells.
    Glad to hear this. Just need to decide which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ltoman View Post
    folex for carpet, no? spray some febreeze (sp?) for autos last. ?

I need to figure out a solid method of cleaning the carpets since I wont have my PC able to just do it.

Post Thanks / Like
    my only worry is how much can you charge (and thus make profit) to alot of college kids away from home and likely living on parents money or sckolarship funds.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    my only worry is how much can you charge (and thus make profit) to alot of college kids away from home and likely living on parents money or sckolarship funds.
    You'd be surprised. A lot of these kids come from very wealthy families and have money to spare.

I went to University of Miami (Go Canes!!) and we had one kid when I was there who had three cars on campus. He had a 911 (modified by Gemballa), a Viper (also modded), and a Range Rover. Then we also had guys with Ferraris and Acura NSXs. Also, BMW 3-series cars were everywhere and at the time the 3000GT was a popular car as well but they no longer make it.

A friend of my brother's went to FSU and I remember that he started a detailing business there as well. Of course, he also offered his services to the surrounding community.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck Ryan, with all those students and staff too, you will do well. Just one thing, I think Gator Detailing sounds better.
    As for products, DP Final Gloss Booster is great if they are not paying for a wax job, just spray on the car after washing, while still wet, and dry the car to a waxed look!
    Get some flyers and hit the staff parking lot one day, its bound to pay off with a few at least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Like I said, I got 200 inquiries in just a few days!

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan View Post
    Good luck Ryan, with all those students and staff too, you will do well. Just one thing, I think Gator Detailing sounds better.
    As for products, DP Final Gloss Booster is great if they are not paying for a wax job, just spray on the car after washing, while still wet, and dry the car to a waxed look!
    Get some flyers and hit the staff parking lot one day, its bound to pay off with a few at least.
    Exactly, there are plenty of kids with money up here. There are also packages for them and the others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast